What is a good price to pay for a new comby to be fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps my boiler is broke i asked how much for a new comby to be fitted and the price i got with a 3yr warrenty £1200 is this a good price?

Networkrail

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ill rephrase , seems too cheap for a properly installed combi with removal of tanks,cyl,boiler, making good, cleaning system , condense line , gas upgrade,electrical work. :eek:

seems very cheap to rip out cylinder and convert existing system over.. all depends what boiler your getting. a rubbsh ravenheat from b&q is £500 and will last 2 years. or a vallient eco tec £800+ and lasts 15year. but what ever boiler is used to system designes are different. you will be converting from an open- low pressure system to a sealed system- high pressure. the system will have to be check and confirmed thst there are NO leaks. inc little ones from old rad valves. and the system is 'properly' powerflushed to remove and remaining iron out. as this will block up you new boilers heat exchangers,
depends on the area you are in. but say a eco tec pro 28, flush system new rad valves 1600 .south east. 2 man working. one days work.

Whichever boiler is fitted, Ravenheat or Vaillant, as long as they are only fitted on a totally clean and inhibited system I would expect both to easily last 10-12 years.

The reason many of the cheaper to buy boilers fail is that they are fitted by the unskilled on dirty systems with no water treatment.

Tony

the cheap boilers are cheap for many reasons. cheap build, cheap materials, and most importantly cheap design, a ravenheat will not last the term as a valliant. fact.

Agile said:
Whichever boiler is fitted, Ravenheat or Vaillant, as long as they are only fitted on a totally clean and inhibited system I would expect both to easily last 10-12 years.
Ravenheat ® ?
Vaillant ® ?

The reason many of the cheaper to buy boilers fail is that they are fitted by the unskilled on dirty systems with no water treatment.
Oh I dunno. Surely flushing, and especially power flushing, is primarily a show for the customer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back