What people say and what they really mean

mandiehun said:
My dad has been saying this for about 20 years ' i'm going up for half an hour on top of the bed ' Why say that when we all no for a fact that he's gonna be there for at least an hour and a half :D and that he's gonna be snuggled up under the covers. And then he gets up and moans that he's had no sleep even though everyone heard him snoring his head off :D
Hey! thats what I do :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the other half says to you when you going to do blah de blah
when she realy means i want blah de blah done last week. :rolleyes:

Richardp

I normally say ...

"Im just resting my eyes ,my love ! "...an then crash out on the sofa ...:)

Sponsored Links
"in a minute"

has lots of meanings.....
don't hold your breath
never
from 1 minute.... until eternity
they'll come back 1/2 hr later with ....huh?...what did you say?

too many to list....

Him...."Yep, we'll do that then, love"

Means 'Haven't been listening'.

Is it just me.....?

gasmarkone
NO its not as ....
"Yes dear ! whatever you say .."
has the same meaning too lol :) :)

Seriously, moz I just don't listen. Quite good at guessing what she's on about. Women always talk when you want to watch/listen to something else. And if he roles are reversed its "shut up I'm watching this" :mad:

gasmarkone said:
Seriously, moz I just don't listen. Quite good at guessing what she's on about. Women always talk when you want to watch/listen to something else. And if he roles are reversed its "shut up I'm watching this" :mad:

I'm not suggesting you do the same...heaven forbid...you'd be payin dearly for it....but could you just ....in a nice way....ask her to wait until such and such is over? Or at least acknowledge that you heard her....that's always nice.

gasmarkone said:
But mlb, 'she's a woman"!!!!!!

sooooo? she's still a person...who probably just wants some attention...albeit bad timing....so what's a little eye contact (2nd thought maybe not-unless you have a poker face) or a gentle smile...could be a win/win situation. :)

gasmarkone
"Women always *NAG* when you want to watch/listen to something else"

oh yes .. its certainly one rule for the ladies another for the guy ..lol :) ;)

I know, I love her really. But I do find multi tasking difficult. Watching/ listening, just not on :LOL:

Moz said:
gasmarkone
"Women always *NAG* when you want to watch/listen to something else"

oh yes .. its certainly one rule for the ladies another for the guy ..lol :) ;)
AS IT SHOULD BE..... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back