Which DIY job do you hate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For me it's ... Painting :evil:

Never been any good at it and no matter how hard I try my glazed doors always look like Stevie Wonder did them ... I must try harder.

So ... What about everyone else ... What do you hate and what aren't you good at?

Just thought it'd make a change from Joe induced depression :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
i hate doing all diy but enjoy the end result so much i forget how much i hate it and so continue doing it :LOL:

i dont mind painting but hate all the prep and cleaning the brushes afterwards.

Plastering. Hate it

Not so much the troweling, but the mixing, general mess and tidying up

swear.gif

Yes, painting. However, hopefully, with modern techniques and processes, this antiquated procedure will soon be consigned to the DIY dustbin.

Sponsored Links
I would have to say that painting is also one I do not like.
However my most hated is the tidying up afterwards & putting all my tools away.

Which is why when I do a job, my toolbox is usually left empty for a fw weeks why all the tools are strewn about the house :D

There are only two jobs I really detest:

1. Removing of old silicone sealant.
2. Installing loft installation.

I'd clear a blocked soil pipe in preference to either of those.

Oh; I just thought of the ultimate worse job - anything to do with a used Saniflo macerator.

I know that this is a general discussion forum but, as you've raised it Softus ... How do you remove old silicone sealant?

MW

A selection of variously blunt and sharp knives and chisel knives, plus a lot of elbow grease. Sometimes white coarse tissue paper for the last vestiges.

The secret is to swear a lot - the more the better. Usually by the end of the job, squatting in a bath or shower tray and getting cramp, dripping with sweat and really REALLY p*ssed off, I've removed all the sealant and invented some brand spanking new purpose-made swear words. The problem is that by the time I do the job again I've forgotten the new words, so I have to start all over again.

Loft insulation is probably worse. Remember: In loft space, when suited up with a hood and wearing goggles and a mask, nobody can hear you scream.

Oh; I just thought of the ultimate worse job - anything to do with a used Saniflo macerator.

I have been putting off fixing mine for the past 9 months, I store my fishing tackle in the downstairs loo instead lol

Although less physical effort is needed, I find that sealant removers leave a terrible mess behind that takes nearly as much time to clear up as it does to remove the sealant manually.

And you have to wait for the stuff to act, and all the time that the clock is ticking the labour charge is going up.

i dont use any chemicals, i have my trusty sealant remover and patience..... :cool:

Loft insulation on a hot day with nose mask and condensation inside my goggle then the doorbell ring :mad: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back