worcester bosch 30si problem

A

angelf

If I get 230v across the blue & violet wires on wiring from pcb to fan does this mean there is a problem with the fan? PLease advise? Ta

Sponsored Links
the problem was that the customer put a 13amp fuse in the doube pole switch & the electrics went bang.
I was called out-no electrics to the boiler or programmer. Changed d. pole switch & put a 3amp fuse. Electrics now to boiler & programmer but fan will not light. Thought it might have blown the pcb & transformer replaced both still no joy. Blue light still flashing fast. Checked voltage to fan from pcb & got 230v. Do I now need to replace fan? Help would b appreciated. :D

hi mary, you should have 240 between purple and brown contacts,brown being neutral and purple live . gavin

Sponsored Links
the problem was that the customer put a 13amp fuse in the doube pole switch & the electrics went bang.
I was called out-no electrics to the boiler or programmer. Changed d. pole switch & put a 3amp fuse. Electrics now to boiler & programmer but fan will not light. Thought it might have blown the pcb & transformer replaced both still no joy. Blue light still flashing fast. Checked voltage to fan from pcb & got 230v. Do I now need to replace fan? Help would b appreciated. :D

I always treat a breakdown like a crime scene the first thing here i would be thinking why did the customer change the fuse.

second fan will not light? Do fans light?

you say Thought it might have blown the pcb & transformer replaced both still no joy then you go on to say Checked voltage to fan from pcb & got 230v. Do I now need to replace fan?

Sounds to me you have very little experience in fault finding is it not written that thou shalt have tested the fan before hand has yee tested for as quoted (Electrics now to boiler & programmer but fan will not light.)

yes I have little exp. hence the reason for my query.
When I said fan would nt light I meant wouldnt start.
The customer later told me that the programmer is wired in with ch wired to h/w & vise versa. ( not my me I may add) Customer has been ripped off a lot before & foolishly I decided to try to "b his saviour". Although I feel I have walked into a "mine field" I really want to help him. Didnt think that I could test the electrics to the fan without getting a power supply to the boiler first.

yes I have little exp. hence the reason for my query.
When I said fan would nt light I meant wouldnt start.
The customer later told me that the programmer is wired in with ch wired to h/w & vise versa. ( not my me I may add) Customer has been ripped off a lot before & foolishly I decided to try to "b his saviour". Although I feel I have walked into a "mine field" I really want to help him. Didnt think that I could test the electrics to the fan without getting a power supply to the boiler first.

working on boilers has you are. is normally done by a corgi reg engineer why are you working on a boiler with no experience this site is not a quick fix for the cowboys.
How are you going to test the gas burner pressure has by law you are responsible for the safety of the tenant has you are the last person to work on that boiler.

Customer has been ripped off a lot before & foolishly I decided to try to "b his saviour"

More like is executioner

Here we go again get the gallows out.

Not sure if this boiler has the pcb check the aps is in the correct position before allowing the fan to start :confused:

With any major 'bang' like this it could easily have caused internal component damage, or could even have been the fan that caused it.

To Bob D.O.L.E.
OH dear i am corgi registered!!!!!!!!!!! How rude can you get???? A bit of advice was all I was after ...not some "ill researched advice" from you!!!! If u can advise do so but dont cast judgement on those who are just trying to do a proper job !!!!!!!

To Bob D.O.L.E
Have tested the gas pressure & sorted out the problem. It was a core plug issue...not that ud know what that was. Advice WELCOME ONLY FROM OTHER corgi REG EXPERTS not you please. m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back