Would PR help UKIP

Sponsored Links
Some PR would help, at the same time i like the fact they stand up and say it how it is. Whoever posted that 100reasons why to vote UKIP i nodded to many of them.

I think that was me. I've read quickly through this too:

http://www.ukip.org/ukip_manifesto_summary

and cannot disagree with any of it.

All i know is if the Labour/SNP coalition end up ill fking chuck the towel in, what a horrific thought. All the scrounging $$$$ in this country along with them bitter lot up north will be rejoicing, its all about cut off their noses to spite their face. They would rather see anyone actually succeeding and doing well pillaged and financially shafted for the benefit of the poor, than some sort of improvement in our economy. And thats before the SNP and their blatant racist leader has a say.

Oi, I'm a bitter lot from up north! You're right, of course. That's where the leftie strongholds are, like the People's Republic of South Yorkshire.

(thankfully Wallace has already declared no to such an alliance..but never say never)

I wouldn't believe any of his promises.

Do you reckon England is still a country, there are millions born in England who don't regard themselves as "English"most black people describe themselves as Black British.
There are several options on these forms, one says White and another Black British. None say English because that has nothing to do with ethnicity.
What form are you looking at?

My passport doesn't say White.
It says British; there was no choice for English.

Forms where you are asked for ethnicity. A passport does not record ethnicity although it may be on the form you fill in to get one

Sponsored Links
Do you reckon England is still a country, there are millions born in England who don't regard themselves as "English"most black people describe themselves as Black British.

There are several options on these forms, one says White and another Black British. None say English because that has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Definition of ethnicity. "An ethnic group or ethnicity is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience."

Born in Scotland, I can claim my ethnicity as Scottish. Are you telling me that someone born in England can't claim English ethnicity? According to the definition, there must be something such as English ethnicity.

Born in Scotland, I can claim my ethnicity as Scottish. Are you telling me that someone born in England can't claim English ethnicity? According to the definition, there must be something such as English ethnicity.

Claim anything you like but when ethnicity is recorded it is pretty much either white, asian or black. Any of those can be Scottish.
I wasn't born in the UK but I am not an immigrant but I am British. And White. Your definition is not very complete you see

Definition of ethnicity. "An ethnic group or ethnicity is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience."

The problem is one of perception, Scottish nationalism is marketed as people in kilts on the lids of shortbread tins, Welsh nationalism is people in silly costumes and hats going round saying Yaky Da to each other,but mention English nationalism and people hear the sound of marching Jack boots that is price the English have to pay for being the most successful race in history which is a bit of a shame really.
Look at UKIP although they have UK in their title most people perceive them as a manifestation of English nationalism which in turn is smeared as white racism.

I think that is my point.

We are not allowed to be English.

As I said before, this was necessary to make the Union work. The ideas of England/Britain/UK were conflated, then when the other parts got devolution, the English identity was damaged. Some idiots hijacked it for extremism, and more idiots mistook a normal pride in being English for being an extremist.

Look at UKIP although they have UK in their title most people perceive them as a manifestation of English nationalism which in turn is smeared as white racism.

I'm not sure why that should be.
UKIP has the interests of all of the UK at heart. Unfortunately in Scotland they have apparently been rejected by the majority of the population. I suspect that many Scots prefer the idea of being governed from Brussels and are unconcerned about increasing immigration, although I suppose not too many end up north of the border for some reason.

JBR WROTE "UKIP has the interests of all of the UK at heart. Unfortunately in Scotland they have apparently been rejected by the majority of the population."

Rejected? not even started!

Mr Farage has been up here, he went to the Royal Mile In Edinburgh, then went into a pub where Mr F was entertained by some Students, Mr F then had to be "Rescued" by the Edinburgh Constabulary.

Following the "Rescue" Mr. F then loudly and volubly accused the Students of being "Fascists" all recorded on TV, made for a really odd scenario?

Now, lets get down to this? In My Opinion UKIP do not appear to be on the radar up here, there are NO Local UKIP Councillor's, certainly NO UKIP MSPs and NO Westminster MPs

There appears to be NO UKIP Spokesman up here, there is however one M European Parliament, that position was "won" as the consolation prise because a number of voters at that election that is a PR vote and this UKIP MEP made an Un-Provoked attack on a highly respected Asian the MEP Mr Coburn had to make an apology about an Abu Hamza remark "UKIP MEP David Coburn apologises for Abu Hamza ... - BBC"

So where are we? UKIP up here have not even arrived at the Stadium for the race.

it appears to me that on another front there is a black hole? try, if you are interested looking at the UKIP Scotland web site? Pathetic or what? and it is presented on Google well down the list with newspaper articles, all out of date above it.

Reject what?

There is nothing to "reject" UKIP as noted above UKIP are so far below the general publics perception up here as to be a complete non-entity. And they never were "on the Radar" being perceived as an other English centric party, of no use to us up here.

Have fun with this all, especially the UKIP support, sorry but the support is simply not present up here?

Ken.

According to the definition, there must be something such as English ethnicity.
The problem is one of perception,
Dunno about that. We keep hearing on the news of the "ethnic minorities" So somewhere along the line, there just has to be an ethnic majority. There you go. Being "English" is an ethnicity. My point being that Peter from Chichester, said there's no such thing as English ethnicity, when I've proved that there is.

Born in Scotland, I can claim my ethnicity as Scottish.
When you say claim, do you mean shout it from the rooftops or is there such a category on official forms?
Are you ethnically different than the/some English or indeed some other people born in Scotland?

Are you telling me that someone born in England can't claim English ethnicity?
If we were to shout it from the rooftops, it would be classed as racism.

Well. I am English but is the ethnic part of this restricted to England or does it include perhaps the emigrants all over the world who are not now English by birth?
Is it that some Australians are ethnically English? That'll cheer them.

The problem is one of perception,
Dunno about that.
I think that's true.

We keep hearing on the news of the "ethnic minorities" So somewhere along the line, there just has to be an ethnic majority. There you go. Being "English" is an ethnicity. My point being that Peter from Chichester, said there's no such thing as English ethnicity, when I've proved that there is.
Are you sure?

JBR WROTE "UKIP has the interests of all of the UK at heart. Unfortunately in Scotland they have apparently been rejected by the majority of the population."

Rejected? not even started!

Mr Farage has been up here, he went to the Royal Mile In Edinburgh, then went into a pub where Mr F was entertained by some Students, Mr F then had to be "Rescued" by the Edinburgh Constabulary.

Yes, I agree that UKIP has 'not even started' in Scotland. OK, let me ask another question.

Why are Farage and his party so disliked in Scotland? Is there a simple answer?

Sponsored Links
Back