You tube

Sponsored Links
if you click on the "pause" it will stop trying to play but will continue dowloading. You can watch the download bar moving along and click on "play" again when you think it has dowloaded enough.

Do you run them both on the one PC or have you deleted IE from your PC? I was just wondering if you have tried them 'side by side' so to speak.
I usually opt for Firefox only occasional use of IE. BTW you cannot actually delete IE as it is an integral part of Windows :D.
I will give them a go "side by side" - now you have made me curious :D

I usually opt for Firefox only occasional use of IE. BTW you cannot actually delete IE as it is an integral part of Windows :D.

Oh that's right! :oops: I'd be interested to hear your views on the performance of them Tony.

Sponsored Links
Have now run a quick side by side comparison (3.5min video) and can see no difference in total download time or buffering speed between IE or Firefox in this example. :eek:

Do you run them both on the one PC or have you deleted IE from your PC? I was just wondering if you have tried them 'side by side' so to speak.

Not true, but it is extremely difficult. Took me a couple of months at work, where we had to do just that. Certainly not a job for the home user.

Not true, but it is extremely difficult. Took me a couple of months at work, where we had to do just that. Certainly not a job for the home user.
I understand that it is possible but removing Internet Explorer does have a number of potential issue e.g. applications that depend on libraries installed by IE may fail to function.

One of the arguments that MS put forward during the United States vs MS case was "removing Internet Explorer from Windows may result in system instability". Of course you would expect them to say something like that :D

If you don't mind me asking what were the circumstances/reasons why you needed to remove IE and was it 100% successful?

I have 2 meg of ram so it can't be that.

Do I need a better real player or something?

personally i just upgraded to 3gig,

could have have gone to 4Gig but XP wont handle it, then if i were running a quad core as opposed to a dual i could have gone to 8gig.

Same here, only on certain vids though. When you upload a video to youtube it's compressed somewhat, but there's a way around the compression so the video plays back in higher quality. Savvy users will know about about this when uploading and thus create a bigger file to download. This may or may not be the cause of the problem.

Instead of pausing, I just mute the sound, open another website and do something else for a minute or two. Then when you go back to youtube to replay it plays back fine.

If you don't mind me asking what were the circumstances/reasons why you needed to remove IE
I must admit I am interested to know why this was necessary as well.
eerrm, 2scoops has left the building. He had to errm, visit an old friend in Mexico. Apparently a gentleman from Microsoft is interested in talking to him though... something about 'Reverse Engineering'! :eek: :D

Does anyone know why when watching Youtube videos, the video keeps stopping for a few seconds and that circle goes round and round.
It is absolutely infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

What infuriates me is when that circle thing going round doesn't last until the end of time.... especially if it's a Joe90 vid you're watching !! ;)

Well, I'll keep it brief as am hijacking the post. It was necessary to remove IE 4.02 to install IE 5.5 (?) using a bespoke install method, unattended and to 60k workstations.

Difficult, yes, instability, no, recommended no.

Also reverse engineered M$ messenger service, after M$ wouldn't / couldn't tell us how it worked.

Sponsored Links
Back