Your commute.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't commute to work but many do. Tell us about it. What time you set off and arrive. Car, bus train? Let's see who has the worst regular commute to work.

Sponsored Links
are you getting paid for collecting all this information?

Sponsored Links
I usually get up about half seven in the morning (pet collie wakes me and missus up). Put kettle on, make a cuppa, take dog out, sit down, drink tea. Put computer on, go straight to JC+ website, have a look at all the thousands of jobs (not). That's about it Joe.
So My commute is from my bedroom to my living room via walking the dog.
Not much fun when it's cold, raining, snowing or foggy.

I usually get up about half seven in the morning (pet collie wakes me and missus up). Put kettle on, make a cuppa, take dog out, sit down, drink tea. Put computer on, go straight to JC+ website, have a look at all the thousands of jobs (not). That's about it Joe.
So My commute is from my bedroom to my living room via walking the dog.
Not much fun when it's cold, raining, snowing or foggy.

I usually get up about half seven in the morning (missus wakes me and pet collie up). Put joe on, make a computer, take missus out, sit collie down, drink kettle. Put cuppa on, ..........

kinda mixed up guy...........

my commute is about 10 seconds or so. :)

On a serious note, I get up at 5:30, set off at 6:10, arrive at 6:30.

Easy.

commute is normally up at 5. on the road at 6. on the job by 8 and head home at about 4 or 5. depending on the days..,

home by hopefully 7

happy days....

It depends where I'm working really.

Yep me too, the first 6 miles one way, then I pick up a firms van. Currently I'm travelling 68miles each way last year I was travelling for the most of it 98miles each way.
Oh and to save me posting in another thread , up at 5.30 weekdays 7.30 weekends unless the small child has different ideas.

Up far too early, travel too far, sit in too much traffic, work, sit in too much traffic, get home far too late, don't see enough of the wife and kids. Ah well, at least I've got a job.....this week anyway.

Seriously now Joe. On my last job, the last 2 months consisted of ..... Getting up Monday morning around half 4 in the morning, driving a 7.5tonne lorry for about 3 or 4 hours. Working for around 6 or 7 hours then driving again to a hotel around 3 hrs drive (minimum) away.
Out on the Monday morning and back to HQ on the Friday evening. Once I had dropped the lorry off, I had a 2hr drive home in my car. The very last week I worked for them, I reckoned i had actually worked around 56+ hrs, Only got paid for 37 because I was on staff. Great job though. My gaffer once told me " You can't do too much for a good firm."
I told him " When I eventually work for a good firm, I won't do too much for them." ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back