ZIG ZAG UnSAFE zone

No, there's a duty (for professionals) to reduce all risks as low as reasonably practicable, and to document the significant risks and the actions taken to reduce them.
I'm a bit confused by that statement - does it all relate to the same thing, or are you distinguishing between "all risks" (which there is a duty to reduce...) and "significant risks" (which have to be documented, together with documentation of actions taken to reduce them)?

Whatever, I would hope that a duty "to reduce all risks as low as reasonably practicable" would be interpreted with common sense, based on an assessment/estimate of the magnitude of the risk, not literally. [is that "all" word really used in regulations/legislation]. One might identify a hazard which resulted in an estimated risk of one person being injured every 200 years, and it might be 'reasonably practicable' to take actions (at a cost) to reduce that risk to an even lower level, but .....!!!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
No, there's a duty (for professionals) to reduce all risks as low as reasonably practicable, and to document the significant risks and the actions taken to reduce them.
I'm a bit confused by that statement - does it all relate to the same thing, or are you distinguishing between "all risks" (which there is a duty to reduce...) and "significant risks" (which have to be documented, together with documentation of actions taken to reduce them)?
The latter.

The latter.
Hmmm. Have I got this right, then .... there is a duty to reduce all risks (even if considered insignificant) as low as reasonably practicable, but if they are not considered to be significant (although one nevertheless still has a duty to try to reduce them), there is no requirement to document them, or to document the actions that have been taken to reduce them?

Is that really right? If so, where on earth does that come from? :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Which of the words are you having trouble understanding John?
All of them, really - it's not individual words, it's the whole concept expressed by all those words that seems extraordinary to me, and leaves me uncharacteristically lost for words! ... it's surely not just me?!

Kind Regards, John

And everything else being equal, the difference in safety between the socket installed now without earth sleeving and the socket installed 45 years or so ago without it is........ What exactly?
I will stop telling you that there is a difference between assessing what is already installed and installing something new shortly after you stop pretending that there isn't.
So no answer to the actual question then, not surprisingly.
I will stop telling you that there is a difference between assessing what is already installed and installing something new shortly after you stop pretending that there isn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back