Automatic cars.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rest of the world drive them - why is Europe so backward? Why do we have to change gear and drive one-handed. Time to change the law.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Any experienced driver should have no problems whatsoever changing gear, so no change in any driving laws are required. ;) ;)

The rest of the world drive them - why is Europe so backward? Why do we have to change gear and drive one-handed. Time to change the law.

big automatics are brilliant easy to drive, should have them more over here, i wish my boss would buy me an automatic van.

When I lived in Oz they used to laugh at manual cars. Move on guys - it's the 21st century.

Also to an experienced driver manual is safer, you have more control over the vehicle.

Better fuel consumption, we live on a continent that has generall smaller winding roads....useless for an automatic.

....and what law should be changed, I dont even know when I change gear![/list]

The law that says you must not eat, drink, mobile or change gear. You have no true control with one hand on the wheel.

The law that says you must not eat, drink, mobile or change gear. You have no true control with one hand on the wheel.

If you have no control driving a manual vehicle, then you are not a confident or experienced driver.

Automatics? For driving around town maybe but no fun on the open road through the twisties.

Surely then that must mean radios , window winders or switches or anything that requires the hand to be removed momentarily should be banned then?
Even hands free phones are more of a hazard than changing gear in a manual vehical.

So when going through the gears during your driving test you are in affect breaking the law even if you can be failed for not using them enough.What are you on about.

OK - here's the scenario. You are driving in Wales up and down really twisty roads. You are having to change up and down all the time. You go around a twisty section, you are changing gear and are suddenly confronted by a cow (or pothole). You only have one hand on the wheel instead of two. How is that 'in control'?

So when going through the gears during your driving test you are in affect breaking the law even if you can be failed for not using them enough.What are you on about.

There would be no gears so you wouldn't break any law. Do keep up. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back