gas supply

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
you can't shift the meter

you will get your wrists slapped by transco :LOL: :LOL:
No, It`ll be more painfull...like having a Prince Albert with a rusty nail and club hammer :mad: :eek: :!:

Sponsored Links
J Kerr
My very first post here
I've met so many guys like you in real life!....Your the type that will quite happily 'bend' other peoples rules but not in your own trade. You asked a perfectly valid question in your OP yet when you didn't like the overwhelming response of 'don't do it...its illegal' ....you then decide that despit all...you're gonna do it anyway.
Why ask for expert opinion if you're going to ignore it?
You strike me as an unprofessional with your attitude to safety, regulations and the genuine pro's that are here to help the likes of you for FREE.
I await your comments
garethgas

Don't get upset myfriend.

I will work around the problem.

The gas meter will stay where it is. As it will be in the middle of the kitchen, we will build it in to the kitchen island unit.

Then I am off back to Spain.

Juan.

J Kerr = JoKer

Or better still - Juan is pronounced Hwan in Spanish - so Juan Kerr is pronounced hwanker.

It's pretty obvious from the name - a Spanish first name then a very un-Spanish surname, plus his English doesn't hint at it being his second language, and throwing in the bit about Poland too. He could have been a little more subtle, but not bad as these things go. Could it be ChrisR having a bit of fun from his holiday destination?

He's a few days early, should be back on Saturday morning.

corgiman said:
told u its a wind up - not me BTW
But you were the one who fell for it! And kev, who even posted a link to this thread on the Argi site! ;)

it may be wind up.. but i know people who would genuinely want to know the answer to the question.
thats the really scary thought... just like the guy who used his lighter check for leaks in the gas pipe to the cooker..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

With Transco I used to get called to this type of scenario quite often. Builders suddenly 'discover' [yeah right] that the meter is going to be in the way & needs moving [we're not paying], so its either phoned in as a leak [in the hope a fiddle can be done], or an urgent reposition is needed yesterday. Used to see loads of meters swinging in the breeze, tied to a scaffold pole. Builders eh. Good and bad in all walks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back