Recent content by AP77

  1. A

    imperial to metric radiators

    If it isnt possible to change the pipework, what is the most common way to replace imperial radiators with metric size radiators, t: when there is no exact match available in length: Get slightly shorter metric radiators and have pipe extensions to make up the difference or Get slightly wider...
  2. A

    Filler in deep paint chips on window sill

    Many thanks. Just looking at Toupret powder filler, for my repairs any thoughts on whether to use the 'Interior Filler' or the 'Patch & Repair Filler - Quick Dry''.? Thanks again for your advice.
  3. A

    Filler in deep paint chips on window sill

    I need to repair some deep paint chips on a wooden window sill and also some other areas, skirting boards and stair spindles, etc. The paint chips are quite deep, probably at least 3 or 4 layers of paint have been removed. What is the best product to fill in these chips? I have tried a little...
  4. A

    Wickes Deccado bathroom cabinet

    Thanks guys for your help, sorry for the slow reply. Video is very useful. I can feel a little movement in the button panel but have not yet managed to remove it. It feels like it is 'popped' on. My immediate need to remove has gone for now as the flush has decided to close off correctly and...
  5. A

    Wickes Deccado bathroom cabinet

    I need to access the toilet cistern that has been fitted behind a Wickes Deccado bathroom cabinet. The information I can find on-line says: The toilet unit features a hinged upper panel for easy cistern servicing and comes with a glazed ceramic pan with a soft close seat, and a WRAS-approved...
  6. A

    Friedland door bell and transformer

    Oh my goodness!!! I have just tried to connect the pair that I thought was from the transformer to 0 and 1 again and the bell now works!!! We have been quite a while without a bell! Amazing, so grateful to the replies and help. THANKS!
  7. A

    Friedland door bell and transformer

    That is really helpful, thanks very much. I have just tried connecting one pair to 0 and 1 (left the other pair unconnected) and then tried the other pair to 0 and 1. I guess the second pair must be from the bell pusher because the bell chimed a few times when I was wiring up. Unfortunately...
  8. A

    Friedland door bell and transformer

    Thanks. The link just seems to take me to an advert. I guess my question is can I use batteries if the wiring comes via a transformer?
  9. A

    Friedland door bell and transformer

    My friedland door bell, powered by a transformer in my consumer unit has stopped working. The transformer used to hum but now no sound. I'm waiting for an electrician to test. The door bell unit has space for batteries. Can I use batteries and leave the transformer out of the loop? I have...
  10. A

    Double garage roof repair

    Thanks guys for the advice. The roof looks to be in a reasonably sound condition with no real evidence of leaks so I'm just looking for a temporary solution to preserve the roof a bit longer while my Mum lives there for a few more years. Even though the bitumen rof paints may not be the best...
  11. A

    Double garage roof repair

    Thank you, that is really helpful. This looks a much more viable product, especially as I think I may need 2 x 25 litre tins. I also see there are other similar style products so will Google using the same criteria.
  12. A

    Double garage roof repair

    My elderly Mum shares a double length and double width garage with her neighbour (approx 10m x 5m in total). The roof is felted on top of OSB board (OSB3 I think) and no signs of any damp patches on the boards. The roof is at least 30 years old. We have just noticed a few very small drips...
  13. A

    Shower flow regulator

    I have a Mira Minilite BIV shower which is powered by a pump. The flow of water on this shower is not controlled by the shower control handle so the flow is either on or off. I am finding the flow to be too strong and have noticed that there is no flow regulator fitted to the outlet Do I need...
  14. A

    Vax Air Lift Steerable - cable replacement

    Trying to fix my daughter's Vax. The power cable has got trodden on and the power cuts out intermittently. I have removed a load of screws but can not seem to remove the motor casing to access the cable entry point (2nd photo). Photos attached. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
  15. A

    Splash back tiling behind gas hob

    I actually want to tile one directly above the other, not offset. So I guess my question is should I trim the first 2 rows to keep them inline with the tiles that will fit in side the space between the 2 wall cupboards?
Back
Top