This has been a headache for some time since this is a design flaw. The guy who installed this curved bath and shower door said the small cap I pointed out, under the metal hinge rail, wouldn't be a problem for water escape. It is, which I have sealed with OB-1 sealant BUT although it stopes...
Yes, that's the small puddle I am referring to but it's not directly under the pipe. It just looks like it from the angle I took the photo. It Won't do any harm to tighten it a bit more though.
2 years ago we had a new bathroom suite fitted. I had to take the side panel off and after just using the bath, I noticed a small wet puddle that looks to be directly under the white plastic pipe in the photo (it isn't, it just looks that way from the angle) I have felt around all pipes and...
I replaced some tiles and stuck them down and re-grouted with "fix and grout" that comes in a tube. It acts as adhesive and grout.I did this a week before Christmas and already cracks in the grout are showing as if shrinking. Do I just keep re-filling/skimming or is this type of grout in a tube...
Can I go over the top of the sealant there with Dow Corning 785 for a temp quick fix before I rip it all out in the next few weeks ? This is so we can still use the shower,
It's a bit soft and spongy the very top layer but further back seems ok. I will have to get the bath out for further inspection. It's happened in the last few weeks as we have been without a shower for a long time until we had a new one installed.
Not sure what you mean by "water hammer"...
Thanks Jon. It's something I need to do but after Christmas I think. The whole bathroom tiles need to come off too but one step at a time. Will keep the bath but new taps will make it look good again. Some of those pipes under the bath cannot be removed as they are central heating. Also, would...
Ok, this is a messy job as we inherited it from the previous owners (he thought himself a top DIY/Builder) Had a new shower installed a few weeks ago but by chance I was looking under the bath to see how I could patch up the flooring (the bathroom gets very draughty) and I can see part of the...
Because when we get warm enough we can turn it off from the room we are in rather than getting up and re-setting the small back timer slots to on and off so boiler isn't constantly on.
The switch position on my Heatline C-24 boiler has become quite loose and won't stay in position anymore hence failing to come on when set on timer. As it is fully manual I am having to keep the switch in position with blu tak but that gets soft and moves when the boiler is on.
Is there any way...