£5580 to move meter inside house by December 2011

sa321- What is the objective in this exercise ?

Why do you want to move the mains head and meter ?

Where do you want it moved to ?

Would you also take a picture of the meter and head are (the picture posted doesn't clearly show them).

Where is the CU / fuse board in relation to the head and meter ?

Sponsored Links
So what is wrong in putting a joint where the damage was????????

Were you expecting them to dig the road/pavement up and replace the whole cable up to the service head??????????????

If the cable in the road got damaged or an overhead line snapped, would you expect them to replace the whole length of cable back to the transformer?????????

How did the cable at the house get damaged? If the DNO decided that they were going to charge for the repair, what would you rather pay, the replacement of the cable or a joint?????????

This is beyond believe! Is this for real or am I stupid? I have an old terraced house in London with main cable running along the wall of a garage (5-7m) with ancient meter at the end.

I have asked UK Power Networks to move the meeter and the quote I got is 5580 !!! with completion December2011! they didnt event come to see it once.

did i asked something wrong?

thanks in advance for all your help

They maybe using a gold sheath instead of the normal lead :LOL: for this install. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have asked UK Power Networks to move the meeter and the quote I got is 5580
What did they actually quote for?
Some DNOs won't move a meter to another internal position - the 5580 might be to relocate the meter and cutout to an external meter cabinet, which could be a significant distance away and involve digging up the road etc.

please give me advise on how to deal with beurocrats. i am a grown up person and i realize electricity kills.

i need to move the meter on the same wall. i dont need to alter the length of the cable.

can someone not UKPN move this cable lower on the wall together with the meter connected to it. I dont care what happens to the board after meter. it is so old it has to be replaced.

some pictures are attached. maybe it can help

[/img]

what does "service line" "network" mean for me? is my cable a service line? can non-UKPN work on service line (move it) if it is connected to network or does it have to be disconnected first?

Stoday wrote

Ask UK Power Networks for a list of contractors approved for the provision of connections.

Please get this clear, they are approved for NEW connections, not for moving existing ones!
p.s. Service lines are classed as part of the network

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back