£950 for new Baxi Duotech 28 and new rad....

Sponsored Links
OP: as per doodle's comments, was the plumber going to properly flush the existing system? If he wasn't then it is still cheap (IMO)if he was, then it might even be easier to fit a new boiler - so he is not lod=sing money.

Why was the boiler being removed an refitte - was it in the same place, or was he going to have to cut a new hole

Sponsored Links
Just a little tip.

Before you actually pay for the boiler take the serial number and ring their 01925405405 and ask someone to check that the serial number will be accepted for the warranty.

It probably is quite kosher but lorry loads of boilers are sometimes stolen and merchants staff sometimes sell them for cash without going through the books!

Tony

I need to change my own boiler and I cant be arsed after working on other peoples all week. He can come and do mine next for £950, infact I will round it up to £1000 :)

I fully agree that if he is already quoting for moving an existing boiler then it makes sense to fit a brand new one as there is the same amount of work.

In fact in that case perhaps its too expensive as its easier to fit a brand new one!

Should look up price of a new boiler and add about £100 perhaps.

Tony

In fact in that case perhaps its too expensive as its easier to fit a brand new one!

Twaddle. Refitting an old one is far easier if it's in the same location - no pipework alterations to make, no condensate to run, no new flue hole to drill and no making-good of the old one

Just as an aside from the price of the boiler and work etc mentioned in the thread are these boilers any good? Read quite a lot of negative reviews about Baxi stuff. Is it a brand to avoid?

They're very solid boilers, and made of brass and steel rather than the plastic that is increasingly creeping into some "premium" brands. Biggest issue with them is noise - they're one of the loudest boilers currently on the market. Fine for a loft, an insulated cupboard or, at a push, a utility room. Baxi themselves have been OK as far as my dealings with them have gone, and parts are always readily available.

Twaddle. Refitting an old one is far easier if it's in the same location - no pipework alterations to make, no condensate to run, no new flue hole to drill and no making-good of the old one

If only you took the trouble to read some of this thread you would see the boiler is being moved to a new location.

That's what I do, read all the preceding thread!

If only you took the trouble to read some of this thread you would see the boiler is being moved to a new location.

And did you not notice, after reading it all, that you were responding to a thread from March?

And did you not notice, after reading it all, that you were responding to a thread from March?

Nearly dropped me phone in the bath :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back