0.5 bar pressure loss in 24 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So had a new Valliant 831 fitted in my old house with old central heating system.
The pressure drops around 0.5 bar every day - basically from the normal zone right down to zero.
Valliant engineer has come out and assured that there's nothing wrong with the Boiler.

I found two very small leaks and fixed them but the pressure is still dropping.

So dreaded question .... is it a leak somewhere i can't see? I.e. under the floorboards downstairs?

More importantly, with this amount of water loss (i don't know how much 0.5 bar equates to) do you think its worth trying a leak sealant before destroying my newly refurbished home?

Sponsored Links
More importantly, with this amount of water loss (i don't know how much 0.5 bar equates to) do you think its worth trying a leak sealant before destroying my newly refurbished home?

not a lot depending in the size of the system

only thing you can be sure of is you deffo have a leak

possible help

put some DS3 in the system and start sniffin

DS3 is a type of descaler acid. It is actually Sulphamic acid. It doesn't smell of much but it can produce very smelly ammonium and sulphur compounds particularly when it is mixed with hot water.

Sponsored Links
So do you think that would work?

What exactly does it do?

No thoughts on the sealant anyone???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back