05 Plate Ford Mondeo - Quickclear Windscreen Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another query...

One whole side of the Quickclear windscreen has stopped working - it WOULD be the driver's side wouldn't it?
The other side (passenger) is working fine.

So..

a) is there more than one connector/plug to the windscreen and could this have become dislodged?

b) if it is a connector issue, whereabouts is it and is it easy to get to?

Is it behind the dashboard somewhere or is it in the engine bay (thinking it is probably the former)?

Thanks in anticipation,

Dave

Sponsored Links
On the Focus there is a connector at the bottom of the screen on either side, this sometimes gets corroded so needs a clean - should be the same on your car

On the Focus there is a connector at the bottom of the screen on either side, this sometimes gets corroded so needs a clean - should be the same on your car
Thanks Robbie

Where EXACTLY is this connector and is it easy to get to at all?

Dave

they are under the plastic scuttle panel where the wiper arms sit - i think they're spade type connectors

Sponsored Links
Have registered on the St Forum (couldn't view the post otherwise).

Cannot find heated windscreens using the "search" function and the link that you posted simply says that I need to register.

Thanks for the help so far. I'll have a look under the bonnet in daylight.

Meantime, I'll have a look at the fuseboard.

Cheers

Dave

a couple of replies copied/ pasted from the threa

Mine has stopped working on part of the screen, if you remove the wipers and scuttle panel you will see the foil connectors, one each side. Check they are conected.
One of mine has some corrosion so i guess its broke contact, but its part of the screen. So can't be repaired. I will be getting a massive stone chip very soon.

My passenger side isnt working and I have just had a look in the owners handbook and they are on different fuses. No 14 is the RHS and No 16 is the LHS both 40 amps. I am going to check mine today.

Mine only works on one side too. Took the cover off under the windscreen and have found that one of my ribbons are broken!

There are two running up to the windscreen if you werent aware. I need a new windscreen to fix this, although car is still under warranty maybe worth a try

One of the ribbons on mine is corroded so only part of the drivers side works

Sponsored Links
Back