1.75" waste water pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently renovating a flat that was built in the late 70's and have 3 different diameter waste water pipes to deal with. The only one I've not come across before seems to be ~1.75" ID (50mm OD, 45mm ID) - the others are more standard 1.25"/32mm and 1.5"/40mm, and modern coupling fit. All the pipes are solvent welded so it's not a pushfit vs solvent problem.

I've unearthed this catalogue which might shed some light on the issue:
http://www.polypipe.com/cms/toolbox/Terrain_Drainage_Price_List.pdf

The 'Fuze' range from page 23 onwards is HDPE which seems to have the same dimensions when consulting this guide (not sure if it's solvent weldable though):
http://www.polypipe.com/cms/toolbox/Technical_Bulletin_1_2012_Jointing_to_Different_Materials.pdf

This product line is commercial however and the don't want to order a pack of 50 3m pipe lengths. (My flat is in a purpose built block of 16 flats so commercial contractors may have been used originally). Does anyone know where I might be able to find this from a retailer?

Many thanks,
Howard

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately these are inside diameter's, the standard 50mm/2" pipe is ~56mm outside diameter. I actually assumed it was the standard 2" pipe and went out and bought the fittings only to find out there is 6mm of slop!

Sponsored Links
The only make I can think of - back in the day - is Marley, who used to make waste pipe with a thick wall . maybe this ties in with your measurements. They also made a gutter system where you had to notch the ends with a tool . So new build cowboys used to make a slot with a saw and a couple of years later all the joints pulled apart .Marley ploughed their own furrow for some reason then, might be worth contacting them :idea: Ps pictures of the waste and soil pipe connections might help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back