1 inch rad valve?

Sponsored Links
Well, to cut a long story short - I didn't know what radiator tails were and thought the leaky valve was 3/4 inch when it was probably 1/2 because I was looking at it without the tail - I realised this when I got a couple of spares from screwfix. Bargain, really nice for £15. No need to use em though...

Having decided to variously drain the system, replace the valve, add reducing bushes - found a useful local plumbers merchant in sourcing these - or cap the pipe and worry about it later, a few of you suggested I "repack the gland". All I can say is... its foopin well worked :D

Should be able to remove the rad now for sand-blasting and no need to change the valve. Thank god I didn't buy one of the £100 jobbies! lol.

So cheers all who responded and Chris R for the helpful diagram. PTFE string worked a treat. Valve now shuts off and rad is working perfect.

What an education, what a great site, a month or more probably thinking about this for what would have taken a plumber 10 minutes and maybe 50 quid, but worth it in my eyes.

Merry Xmas!!!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back