1 inch to 28mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve done ½” – 15mm no problem; ¾” - 22mm no problem, just use an adaptor fitting or change the olive. Can anyone tell me the situation with 1” – 28mm does the olive trick work a la 22mm on metric compression fittings? (are 1” olives still available?) Can you get 1” – 28mm adaptor fittings?

Sponsored Links
1" and 28mm are the same size no adaptors needed. :cool:

1" to 28mm compression can be done, but if soldering an adaptor fitting is req.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick responses guys but, come on then whose right? It would be great if it was as easy as 15mm!

as doitall has already said what you can do,not much point in adding anything else ;)

Thanks for the quick responses guys but, come on then whose right? It would be great if it was as easy as 15mm!

Unless the pipe is frost damaged and expanded slightly an everyday YS N1 will fit.

Should you want the adaptor socket it's an YS YP1im slip if you can find one

So presumably gate valves & other compression fittings will fit OK as well?

Its a choice you need to make for yourself.

1) use a std 28mm end feed fitting and attempt to twist/hammer/stretch it onto the slightly larger diameter pipe

or

2) use the correct fitting for the application

ive found some 28mm will fit on 1" and some wont so its worth having a few adaptors to hand just in case

I’m doing a cylinder change on an existing gravity fed HW system & I don’t want to buy a load of expensive fittings that I probably won't ever use. Although there seems to be some difference of opinion, ;) it sounds as though they are close enough to give it a go. Thanks all for the prompt response, as always. :D

I’m doing a cylinder change on an existing gravity fed HW system & I don’t want to buy a load of expensive fittings that I probably won't ever use. Although there seems to be some difference of opinion, ;) it sounds as though they are close enough to give it a go. Thanks all for the prompt response, as always. :D

Clean the pipe and fitting and flux the pipe before you push it together and you will have no trouble, I'll stake my life on it. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back