1 of the radiators stopped working...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, one of our radiators have stopped working. It's a downstairs one at the front of the house.

We've tried bleeding it but that didn't help. We've turned all other radiators off for a few hours and left the broken one on, but that didn't work either.

Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Hhi Shane ,
My guess is you have a TRV on that rad.If so remove the head of te valve there is a pin which should be poking up say 2-4mm.If its in a down position,tap the vavle body gently ish ith small hammer or similar.If this doesn't resolve, then pull pin up 2-3mm,but not out!!

Hth

Hhi Shane ,
My guess is you have a TRV on that rad.If so remove the head of te valve there is a pin which should be poking up say 2-4mm.If its in a down position,tap the vavle body gently ish ith small hammer or similar.If this doesn't resolve, then pull pin up 2-3mm,but not out!!

Hth

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

We have a dial type thing on the right hand side with numbers on, and on the left there is a smaller similar shaped thing with no numbers on. Would this be the TRV? It does come off.

Sponsored Links
The one with the numbers on? I can't seem to get that one off...

I thought you ment the small one with no numbers on?

I don't have any tools in the house and ive just found it to be impossible to turn using my hands. I'll have to come back once i've got the correct tools.

thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back