1 radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced trv head in case it was faulty but it works on other rad. Pin moving ok. Bled rad, all fine.
Replaced trv head, opened to 5 and opened lock shield fully, both inlet and return pipes are cold, rest of house fine.
Any suggestions very much welcome thank you

Sponsored Links
Turn off every other rad by its TRV ,don't touch their lockshields. See if problem rad heats up.

Thank you, I'll try it tomorrow. What do I do if it gets hot, won't it just not warm up again when the other trvs are opened?
Or, what's next step if it doesn't get hot?
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
If it heats , open TRV on another rad till that heats ,then move onto the next till all are on.
If ,the next time heating is switched on, the problem rad does not heat up when others do ,then the system needs balancing.
If it doesn't heat when all other rads Trvs are closed off,then further investigation will be required ,starting with both it's valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back