1" thread shower rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rose on my shower has died and the pipe diameter is 1". I can't find any replacement roses that are anything other than 1/2" (e.g. http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/315-1821 - which doesn't state it is that but I'm pretty sure it is.

Does such a thing exist as an adaptor that would convert 1" to 1/2" for this purpose? I'm sure it does, I just don't know the name for it so it's proving tricky to find.

Many thanks if you can help.

Sponsored Links
Is it a 1" bsp male or female thread you are trying to reduce ? If its female you can buy a reducing bush at plumbers merchants to take you down to 1/2" bsp .Which should suit the male thread on your shower head or if female shower head fit a 1/2" x1"" nipple .Hope you understand this.

Thanks for replying.

Ok, on the pipe it's got a male head (ie with thread on the outside) and the shower rose is female (thread on the inside) -

So I want a 1" (female) to 1/2" (male) reducing bush, yes?

Probably what you want or can try is a 1" female to a 15MM Comp straight you should be able to screw the shower on the 15mm end wont look too pretty but heh its better than nothing.What we usally do is canabalise a couple of fittings and silver solder them .

Sponsored Links
If you can get the 1" down to 1/2" female i can send you this.
It is for shower heads being fully directional on a ball joint.
It's 1/2 male x 1/2" female and all chrome and shiny ;)

0003253ak2.jpg

Really kind of you. Thanks.

Think I need to start calling some plumbers merchants...

You can buy 1" shower roses, it just depends on the size of the head and how much you want to pay :rolleyes:

CP Harts of London have them for example, and up to a 600mm rose.

Give Hudson Reed a call as well.

Also try 0845 8386394, local rate

fathertobe said:
The rose on my shower has died and the pipe diameter is 1". I can't find any replacement roses that are anything other than 1/2" (e.g. http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/315-1821 - which doesn't state it is that but I'm pretty sure it is.

Does such a thing exist as an adaptor that would convert 1" to 1/2" for this purpose? I'm sure it does, I just don't know the name for it so it's proving tricky to find.

Many thanks if you can help.

If the pipe is 1" diameter most likley to be 3/4 bsp

fathertobe said:
Can you expand a little on that bobxx?

What are my options?

Assuming existing pipe 1" dia need a 3/4 bsp female to 1/2 bsp male to fit shower head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back