How to connect the bowls of a 1 and 1/2 bowl sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My first post here :)

I've been trying to connect up a 1 1/2 bowl sink, but I'm struggling to get the right connections to join it all up into my waste pipe and keep the U-bend higher than the waste outlet.

Here is a picture of the sink in question:

Is there such a thing that would connect the half bowl on the left into the horizontal connector on the right bowl? Astracast, who made the sink, supply it with a kit to connect the bowls up using the vertical connectors, but it takes up quite a large amount of space and makes it tricky to get connected to the waste outlet. The diameter of the pipes in question is 40mm.

If not, I wondered if something like this might be usable, assuming I could find one with 40mm connectors:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plu...+12+Lengthening+pc++Adaptor/d20/sd3133/p54424

Any help you can give would be appreciated :)

Matt

Sponsored Links
just get yourself a 1 1/2 bowl waste trap

untitledukgg.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

I've got one of those kits, but by the time it is in place, the waste water would have to go uphill to get out into the waste pipe - I think whoever did the job originally put the waste pipe in too high in the wall.

I think it may be do-able, but I can't seem to find the right collection of bits and pieces. I guess I could try some of the flexible pipes instead.

Matt

That's about as high as you're going to get, you may just have to bore a new hole through the wall. Don't use flexi pipe, it'll block up faster than you would ever imagine

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

I've got one of those kits, but by the time it is in place, the waste water would have to go uphill to get out into the waste pipe

can't see how their is loads of room between sink and outlet pipe.
have you got the waste right up tight ?
screw it on the lowest bowl then take i pic.
measure from centre of outlet pipe to the bottom of the thread on the lowest bowl. what is it in inch ?

if it's more than 4" it'll fit and work.

I guess I could try some of the flexible pipes instead.

Matt

you'll regret it

After a sleepless night, dreaming about 40mm compression waste pipe, I've concocted this this morning.

Does this look OK?

Thanks,
Matt

If it is not leaking it is perfect. Looking at the rest of the plumbing though, I'd make sure the door has a self closing mechanism - a strong one :)

If it is not leaking it is perfect. Looking at the rest of the plumbing though, I'd make sure the door has a self closing mechanism - a strong one :)

Great stuff, cheers. No leaks at all on the pipework, so good to go. The other pipework does look a bit ropey, but I'm not up to the task of re-doing that just yet ;)

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back