1 way - 4 switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved in to a new flat and have brought 2 hallogen lights for the lounge and replaced the orginal 4 gang 1 way with a 4 gang 2 way dimmer - all appeared to be working well untill CRACKLE!! from the light - now one does not work...

I decided to put back the original 4 gang 1 way but have forgotten how it was (have a good idea)

When I originally removed the 4 gang 1 way it was set up in the following way -

All brown wires in to the bottom of the 4 gang locations L1, L2, L1, L2 with the neutral and earth on a seperate loop circuit. Completeing the circuit were 3 seperate brown wires linking all L1, L2 together - (which ones god knows)

The are 5 main light wires coming out of the wall (2 for lounge, kitchen celling and 2 for kitchen cupboards) plus 3 loose 'brown' wires to complete the circuit!!

LOST YET!

Now i spent hours last night trying to get it to work but have only now got them all coming on at the same time and non of the switches work!! - have switched it off at the trip while I think about it.... some more!!

THOUGHTS SUGGESTIONS DIAGRAMS

please help!

Sponsored Links
What wattage is the dimmer? What sort of halogen lights did you buy? And what wattage are they?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back