10.8kw showers and cables!

Sponsored Links
Because economy7 is ON for a fixed time, so for the fixed time at lower voltage it will be cheaper. Won't it. :)

Only if there were no thermostats on any of the heating appliances or they were set so high that the temp. couldn't be reached within the time period.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately those circuit breakers are now obsolete...

Oh hell. So I'm not actually going to be able to get a new one?

I'm jjst looking now and not having much luck!

Proteus mcbs and rcbos seemed to be/have been made for
http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/categories/15829-proteus-mcb-s

I'm not saying that these will fit your board but it is worth giving them a ring to try and find out if they have any old stock or can perhaps offer you a solution.

This liitle series of posts was initiated by BAS and was all about "will a voltage optimiser save money"
For the major uses of electricity in the home please explain how changing the voltage supplied to appliances will save money.
Ah, you must be one of those people who think that kilowatts do not vary with the applied voltage. Less voltage = less kw used = less kwh = less money to pay. or is that too complicated for you?
So, whether they make a domestic unit or not, how would a powerperfector save me money when boiling a kettle in my kitchen? Or save a company money on kettles in staff kitchens?

How would one save me money when my dishwasher has to heat a given volume of water to a given temperature? Or save a company money with dishwashers in kitchens and canteens?

How would one save me, or a company, money with fridges?

How would one save me, or a company, money with anything with a SMPSU?

How would one save me, or a company, money with any form of thermostatically controlled electric space heating?

And yes the unit will make your installation inefficient, and yes it will have an effect on protection operating times, and yes your kettle will take longer to boil.
But the kettle won't be cheaper to boil.

Unfortunately those circuit breakers are now obsolete...

Oh hell. So I'm not actually going to be able to get a new one?

I'm jjst looking now and not having much luck!

Proteus mcbs and rcbos seemed to be/have been made for
http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/categories/15829-proteus-mcb-s

I'm not saying that these will fit your board but it is worth giving them a ring to try and find out if they have any old stock or can perhaps offer you a solution.

Those circuit breakers and RCBOs do not fit the OPs CU. They only fit the newer style CUs. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back