10% tax rate abolished.

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Are you a winner in this? or a loser like me. N o children (not thro choice) so gordons squirming about his tax credits (who the hell can work them out anyway) are are a lame excuse for his hurried tax cut down to 20% which I suspect he himself didnt realise it was going to mean some people (who can ill afford it ) will see their tax bill double. while the average paid will benefit greatly First hit on me is my private pension pots, an extra £14 a month just to top up the lost tax relief. Still I suppose that £168 will go to an mps new kitchen....ba stids.....

Sponsored Links
the real wage earned is £6 to £8 per hour so he has realy tax everyone unless you have kids or are on £35,000 a year you loose :( labour my ar##

Can't wait for the local labour party to call asking for my vote. I will be surprised if they can get anyone with enough front to represent them.

I swore I would never vote labour after bearing witness to the corrupt machinations of Blair and Prescott, didn't think it could get any worse........ bogger me I was wrong!

Sponsored Links
meggawatt if they droped the 40% rate to 27% we would get british people returning to the uk and we would collect more tax not less ;) it would be good for all :)

It's high time that a flat rate of tax was introduced. This has been very successful in other countries because it removes tax evasion / aviodance by closing loopholes and exemptions exploited by the rich.

The tax revenues collected increased allowing other costs to reduce (e.g. inflation). Rates in Europe vary from 12% to 25%, Gordon Brown has dismissed the UK following siut but then he, along with nearly all oth our politicians, is very rich.

The B*****d Brown is out of the same school as Blair, the school being extremely good at best misleading or even down right lying.
The 10p rate band of Tax HAS NOT been abolished at all, it has had the rate doubled, which is a totally different thing. I know we all know this, it is just that these politicians Lie and Mislead at every opportunity. Not one of them can be trusted to be open and honest.
It is the same with their expenses. They all happily screw us all for what they can get and then say they have not broken any rules.
You only need half a brain to conclude that it is the Rules that are wrong and these rules are made by these corrupt b******s themselves so is it little wonder they haven't broken any rules.
Politicians of ALL persuasions are in it for what they can screw out of us all, but unfortunately I don't have a workable alternative.
It appears we have to lay down and be screwed. Being screwed is a fact of life, but they don't have to waggle it about whilst they have it in there.

The B*****d Brown is out of the same school as Blair, the school being extremely good at best misleading or even down right lying.
The 10p rate band of Tax HAS NOT been abolished at all, it has had the rate doubled, which is a totally different thing. I know we all know this, it is just that these politicians Lie and Mislead at every opportunity. Not one of them can be trusted to be open and honest.
It is the same with their expenses. They all happily screw us all for what they can get and then say they have not broken any rules.
You only need half a brain to conclude that it is the Rules that are wrong and these rules are made by these corrupt b******s themselves so is it little wonder they haven't broken any rules.
Politicians of ALL persuasions are in it for what they can screw out of us all, but unfortunately I don't have a workable alternative.
It appears we have to lay down and be screwed. Being screwed is a fact of life, but they don't have to waggle it about whilst they have it in there.

mr tax expert..
there is only a few groups that will suffer with this tax change and they are a small percentage. i am one of them!
it might cost me a pint a week and maybe a mars bar. big deal!

it is a fact that we have to pay tax its also a fact that some will win and some will lose. swings and roundabouts.
nearly every country taxes at a similar rate unless they have a particular attraction or need (dubai or monaco).

like em or not, we have had fantastic growth under labour and i suspect that some of you have never worked under a tory govt. i also suspect that unless she lined your pockets, you will have forgotten how most of the country went to work not knowing if the would have a job the next week under maggie thatcher...

i spent more that my tax loss in one night on rugby tour with my son last week..
get your facts right and get a grip!

if we didnt try to get around/fiddle the tax then we could all have a lower rate.
get rid of the olympics.. that would save a few bob.

AtoZ. how do you fiddle your tax . p.a.y.e. petrol beer etc are all tax at source, :confused: give us a clue i dont mind going on the fiddle, or banjo :LOL:

OH! AtoZ - You DO miss the point.
I don't in any way profess to be a tax expert. I simply referred to the fact that politicians of ALL persuasions have a propensity to distort the facts.
What I said was that the 10% band had not been abolished it had in fact been doubled.
I totally agree with the necessity to pay Taxes, but I do object to the inefficient way ALL politicians dispose of it.
I do remember Thatcher for all her good and bad points, I recall she negotiated a rather good EU Rebate, which Brown promptly returns to this EU Bunch who are even more corrupt than our own lot.
I have no respect for any of them Labour,Tory, Lib Dem, etc. They all manipulate statistics for their own ends, say only what they want you to hear and miss out the bad bits. What is very sad is that whenever I hear ANY politician talk, my first Gut reaction is that they are not being totally truthful. Now that is very sad. It should be that I assume them to be telling the truth until proven otherwise. This reaction to politicians has only developed under the Leadership of Blair and continues under the Buffoon we now call our Leader.
I also take exception to your suggestion that I 'fiddle' my Tax returns. I never have or never will break the Law even if I disagree with the law itself. It's called democracy.

Put your circumstances and income in here http://www.ft.com/indepth/budget2008/calculator and it will calculate how the income tax change affects you.

Go on, try it.
Yep...we're better off apparently

Though I don't see why we should benefit at the expense of others given that we earn above average, and as far as I'm concerned having kids shouldn't give us preferential tax 'treatment'...

What really is annoying though is that we'd be even better off if we divorced.... :rolleyes:

Put your circumstances and income in here http://www.ft.com/indepth/budget2008/calculator and it will calculate how the income tax change affects you.

Go on, try it.
Yep...we're better off apparently

Though I don't see why we should benefit at the expense of others given that we earn above average, and as far as I'm concerned having kids shouldn't give us preferential tax 'treatment'...

What really is annoying though is that we'd be even better off if we divorced.... :rolleyes:

Try a no kids low earner scenario. For example a a single 35 year old male on 12k (not me) would also be better off.

OH! AtoZ - You DO miss the point.
I don't in any way profess to be a tax expert. I simply referred to the fact that politicians of ALL persuasions have a propensity to distort the facts.
What I said was that the 10% band had not been abolished it had in fact been doubled.
I totally agree with the necessity to pay Taxes, but I do object to the inefficient way ALL politicians dispose of it.
I do remember Thatcher for all her good and bad points, I recall she negotiated a rather good EU Rebate, which Brown promptly returns to this EU Bunch who are even more corrupt than our own lot.
I have no respect for any of them Labour,Tory, Lib Dem, etc. They all manipulate statistics for their own ends, say only what they want you to hear and miss out the bad bits. What is very sad is that whenever I hear ANY politician talk, my first Gut reaction is that they are not being totally truthful. Now that is very sad. It should be that I assume them to be telling the truth until proven otherwise. This reaction to politicians has only developed under the Leadership of Blair and continues under the Buffoon we now call our Leader.
I also take exception to your suggestion that I 'fiddle' my Tax returns. I never have or never will break the Law even if I disagree with the law itself. It's called democracy.

agreed that all politicians lie! that is a given.

although you are correct that the 10% is gone, the people who were on that rate will get any losses back via tax credits. thats why i said that only a few groups will lose out (me being one).
i see having to apply for tax credits as overly complicated but im sure it is a scroat catching exercise and in that case, im all for it.

i find it really hard when i hear people moaning about this govt when i compare them to the mob before. i mean thatchers lot. i dont include major who i think would have been ok.
the english will moan about any govt, that is a fact. they always have and they always will.
history will show blair and brown as one of the best pairs ever.
i know that these pages are full of builders and they by nature are types who think they can always do better and are not slow to voice a simplistic opinion or criticism. go on site and hear builders comment on other builders work..

i hated thatcher and i still do. i do though believe she was a sincere politician. she thought she was right and everybody else was wrong.
people who did well under her like her and those who suffered hate her.

i have suffered more under blair than thatcher but he was a better leader than her. he built things up whereas she tore things down.

anyway
i am sorry about the tax fiddle remark. that was meant as a general remark rather than directed at you.
i dont fiddle my tax and i never have, my friends have called me a mug! these are the same people that moan like fo*k about taxes but one of them still has a large part of his mega motorhome paid for by the taxman.

i dont believe in loopholes, i would have a simple rate with rebates for rich people if the spent money on english goods or services.

but im a builder and over simplistic ;)

i want my say hysteresis but i dont mean to offend you. i doubt that you would have been had we spoke. :)

Sponsored Links
Back