10 year old racist accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulbrown

Quote Greater Manchester Police.
A spokeswoman for Greater Manchester Police said the force took all crimes seriously and was totally opposed to any racism.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4886014.stm

There are always two sides to any story and according to the Jeremy Vine show(radio 2 at lunchtime today) there was here too.

Allegedly these boys were arguing in the playground when the white lad came out with a racist tirade. He says he was only said it because he was called a honky

The police have decided to take just one of the lads before the beak though, guess which one?

I agree with the judge, it is PC gone mad. The police should prosecute both or none. What a waste of time and money.

Sponsored Links
It wasn't that long ago that Jack Smethurst was on TV calling a black guy a Nig-Nog all in the name of comedy. (Love thy neighbour)

Wait for it paulbrown.................any minute now!!! ;) :LOL: :LOL:

paulbrown
some good points
the dogooder teachers lot are up in arms an my local news man the nice Gordon Burns made the Teachers Union leader look a right nut case before on the local BBC news
an a phone-in agreed the teachers/police were wrong ....shameful

the lad should of got a talking to an educated that racism is wrong ... +these 2 lads are still friends an go around each others houses to play ..lol

talk about trying to find the nig-gar in the woodpile ....:)

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't the school have just explained to these kids that it was wrong, and why it was wrong? Yet another waste of public money :rolleyes:

joe-90 said:
It wasn't that long ago that Jack Smethurst was on TV (Love thy neighbour)
........30 years :eek: OMG I`ve not got "that long" left to live then :cry: :cry:

The Alf Garnett and Eddie Booth characters in "Till Death Us Do Part and "Love thy Neighbour" were written to be offensive but at the same time made to look stupid and the balance was addressed in that way.

kendor said:
The Alf Garnett and Eddie Booth characters in "Till Death Us Do Part and "Love thy Neighbour" were written to be offensive but at the same time made to look stupid and the balance was addressed in that way.

Why are they not shown today then?

paulbrown said:
The police have decided to take just one of the lads before the beak though, guess which one?

I agree with the judge, it is PC gone mad. The police should prosecute both or none. What a waste of time and money.
And this sort of thing is, of course, a favorite device of rascists...

joe-90 said:
kendor said:

Why are they not shown today then?

I think Kendor's right, certainly about Alf Garnett anyway - the whole idea was to surround him with intelligent people who could show up the flimsiness of his racist attitudes (in fact, I suspect some of the 'racist' contributors here are employing the same technique), but the problem was that not everyone got it and Warren Mitchell would always get people coming up to him in the street saying 'Well done Alf, you really stuck it to them darkies this week, didn't you'.

Love Thy Neighbour had much the same aim, and the black guy always won the day, but that promoted far more the idea that using 'Nig-Nog' and 'Sambo' every other word was a hilarious way to act.

As to why they're not shown any more, its only for the same reason that On The Buses or The Lovers or Rising Damp or Robin's Nest aren't either - They're dated and the humour probably doesn't work. The only loss is to people who will go all misty-eyed about a time when you could say 'darkie' on air and get away with it.

Back to the original post, I suspect that a quiet word wouldn't have gone amiss, but then again, the teachers on the ground may well have done that a hundred times, got nowhere with the parents either over a number of years, and had no other option than this short-sharp shock. I don't know, as I wasn't there, and neither does anyone else..

ban-all-sheds said:
paulbrown said:

And this sort of thing is, of course, a favorite device of rascists...

It's called equality BAS. Don't you believe in equality? Just what is your problem?

joe

joe-90 said:
It's called equality BAS. Don't you believe in equality? Just what is your problem?
My problem is I know what paulbrown's motivation is...

Calling people racists, stupid, idiots and scum is totally inappropriate - the mods are right to delete these posts - doing this detracts from some of the interesting points you are trying to make.

You have said that posts which are offensive to you aren't removed by mods - perhaps you should press the 'alert mod' button more often and ask for those posts to be removed.

I have read all of paulbrowns posts - from the recently deleted thread and other posts he has made.
I really can't see where you are coming from with the racism stuff you keep mentioning - to me it appears he is just making some controversial comments - which are being twisted round and perceived as racist.

As I said in a previous post - because we can't see each other faces it is difficult to make an assessment of peoples true intentions - I know that when I write something it doesn't always come across the same way as if I had said it............I'm sure many assumptions are made about me as I do of others which are unfair, unjust and totally off the mark.

It's obvious from your spats that you and paulbrown don't like each other (I find this amazing as you don't actually know one another!), can't you both just agree to disagree, stop the personal comments, have an open mind and stop making probable misguided and innacurate assumptions about each other eh? - and in future debates don't bring up whats been said in previous threads - new thread = new start.

As we've had our own history here you probably will think I'm having a go here BAS - but I'm not (you can't see my face!) ..........no offence is meant to you - I hate bad feeling as life is too short - I'm just trying to point things out as I see them, thats all. :)

JulieL/B said:
You have said that posts which are offensive to you aren't removed by mods - perhaps you should press the 'alert mod' button more often and ask for those posts to be removed.
I have.

They don't remove them.

I have read all of paulbrowns posts - from the recently deleted thread and other posts he has made.
I really can't see where you are coming from with the racism stuff you keep mentioning - to me it appears he is just making some controversial comments - which are being twisted round and perceived as racist.
I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt.

It's obvious from your spats that you and paulbrown don't like each other (I find this amazing as you don't actually know one another!), can't you both just agree to disagree, stop the personal comments, have an open mind and stop making probable misguided and innacurate assumptions about each other eh?
Read his posts again.

Even if you can't see the racism, you must be able to see the very right-wing leanings...

- and in future debates don't bring up whats been said in previous threads - new thread = new start.
Impossible.

He is what he is, and the picture builds up over time. I don't dredge up what's been said, specifically, but I know full well from what's been said what sort of person he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back