100-150mm width roof sun tunnel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone know who manufactures or supplies a sun tunnel / solar tube which is approx 100mm to 150mm in width?

We're trying to light up a small dark area on the first floor and will need approx. 3m of pipe coming from the roof, but I can only find firm supplying e.g. solar tunnels of 250mm in size. We have a width restriction.

Thx.

Sponsored Links
What's the width restriction-rafters or something more significant?

Or just stick an LED source up there (with a solar panel on the roof to drive it if you want to feel virtuous)- sun tunnels are pricey, payback will be a long way down the road.

No its natural light I'm after as its a small corner of a new hall way we have built with rooms to the front and back. We will have enough LED and artificial light.

The restriction is that if we have a 250mm tube, it will obstruct the door of the room immediately above where the tube is going to come down from. A 100mm tube will comfortably fit behind the door of the loft.

I can't see a 100mm sun tunnel working, sure you'd see a bit of daylight if you looked up it but I would expect any meaningful light to be absorbed by the tube on the way down and for that reason I suspect that's why you can't find one.

Sponsored Links
They don't exist that small you could try and make up something yourself ie. ss flue liner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back