100kw domestic boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

New member and first post.

Hoping folks on here with all the knowledge can assist.

Got 5 bed victorian house that has no central heating so in process of getting boiler and rads spec'd.

Have been told that will need a 100kw boiler and that this boiler will need a a larger gas supply pipe even though there is 22mm already.
Was hoping for a combi as there is only one bathroom with shower over bath.
Room sizes (in metres) are listed below, All double glazed with solid walls but I calculate heat requirement at 25KW so where the 100KW comes from I have no idea hence this post.

Hope someone can help or offer advice.

Cheers

Room H W D
Living Room 3.1 5.49 4.88
Sitting Room 3.1 4.22 3.91
Dining Room 3.1 3.23 3.12
Kitchen 3.1 5.18 4.47
Bed 1 3.1 4.42 3.2
Bed 2 3.1 4.42 2.29
Bed 3 3.1 7.21 3.56
Bed 4 3.1 3.86 3.23
Bed 5 3.1 4.27 4.11
Bath 3.1 4.42 3

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sure he meant 100.000 btu not kw
that's what I thought so asked for confirmation and was told 100KW.

I imagine something like 15 rads will go into this system so if they are driven by a 100KW boiler do they make rads that are physically that big :)

They could do a factory with offices needing this kind of kw, the rads would be normal sizes just lots of them, the biggest boiler I ever fitted was a 42 kw, as a domestic installer you can't exceed 70 kw anyway, you asked
him if he's gas registered?

I expect that he meant 100k BTU but is a nupty who does not understand the units properly.

he might still be able to do a reasonable installation but I woudl be very careful with him!

Still need an upgraded gas supply unless very short distance to meter!

Tony

They could do a factory with offices needing this kind of kw, the rads would be normal sizes just lots of them, the biggest boiler I ever fitted was a 42 kw, as a domestic installer you can't exceed 70 kw anyway, you asked
him if he's gas registered?

with oil there wasn't an upper limit until last year and now it is 45kw then you need the commercial qualification

45kw, didn't realise? went did that come out, as last I knew it was 70kw and pipe sizing no bigger then 35mm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back