100mm or 102mm hole saw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've forgotten the answer to this and misplaced my hole saw so can't check the size.

If I want to put a hole in the plasterboard to fit this through (minimum play of course) then do I use a 100mm or 102mm hole saw?

I know if the ID was 100mm then I'd use 102mm but it states 'channel width' instead. Is that the same as ID?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i suspect thats the internal diameter, nothing on the Manrose Catelogue BUT on this site
https://www.tradesparky.com/heating...cting/manrose-41915-round-pipe-100mm4in-l1500
IT does say 100mm internal - have you purchased the PIPE - is it possible to measure it? to be sure
100mm/4"
4" is 101.6 mm

Thanks, I just checked on Toolstation as well, while their equivalent pipe isn't Manrose it does state 100mm ID and I'm assuming it's all standard to fit each other so it looks like I need a 102mm.

Thanks again.

I know when i was trying to fit a cloakroom sink, the current waste pipe which i did not want to have to replace as it went into a wall.
had different O/S diameter, it was the Solvent Pipe which is different and I ended up after getting the wrong bit, going to a decent merchants Worsley and they helped a lot and got the exact part to fit.

Sponsored Links
Screwfix site Q&A there is a question regarding the ID In the answer the reply states the O/D is 104mm so you may have to sand out the hole by hand to make it fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back