10mm cable for electric shower into bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing an electric shower using the recommended 10mm cable.
The quickest and easiest access to the CU downstairs is to run the 10mm cable from the 45a switch into my bathroom. The cable enters the bathroom from the roof space through the ceiling and exits through the bathroom floor to get to the CU. Does anyone know whether or not this is allowed? The cable will be covered with a conduct and will be going down a wall away from any services and activity. The only thing that will be visible in the bathroom will be a long stretch of white plastic conduct from the roof to the floor attached to the wall.
:)

Sponsored Links
The route you propose is ok but you should inform your local building controle office that you intend to do the work

Not "should inform", but must notify, by reason of Part P of the Building Regulations.

This isn't because of the route via the bathroom, but because (a) you're adding/changing a circuit from the CU and (b) the shower will be in a 'special location'.

The OP is in Belfast, afaik Part P only applies to England and Wales. I don't know if they have an equivalent??

Sponsored Links
Firstly, I don't ever believe where people say they live/work.

Secondly, Belfast is in the UK.

I didn't say Belfast isn't in the UK :confused:.
Part P doesn't apply in Scotland, afaik they have building warrants instead.
Afaik Part P only applies to England and Wales.

Ah yes - I missed off the third point: I'm wrong. Must be getting tired. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back