can i extend a 10mm cable by adding a 2nd isolator switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira electric shower that I want to move to a different wall in my bathroom. It is run off a 10mm cable which is currently not long enough. I am aware that extending 10mm cable is a big no-no. However, it is a downstairs bathroom adjacent to the kitchen and to rewire the whole section would mean ripping out the stud wall and pulling the floor up.

Is there any chance I can extend the cable by adding a second 45 Amp DP Switch? there is currently a switch on the outside of the bathroom door, I also considering putting a 2nd switch on the kitchen wall half way along the wall

is this at all possible???

Sponsored Links
Extending with a switch is no better than extending with a junction box. Its another weak spot that could fail.

There are plenty of legit places to easily hide cables in a kitchen. You dont have to follow the same route.

Sponsored Links
I am aware that extending 10mm cable is a big no-no.
In what way?

As this work will be in your kitchen and or bathroom, it is notifiable to your LABC
benny1cnl5.jpg

For me, the problem is that all of the a poster's information (except the name) disappears when you are replying.

It would be helpful if it could remain on display so one could scroll down to check if someone lives in Edinburgh, Liverpool ..........or The Gambia

Indeed - if I had a pound for every time I'd had to go back a page to check location before posting something Part P related I'd have a lot of pounds....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back