10mm mini bore ..sugest neat ways of doing it please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 30 years ago, I put in a central heating system in a rush ..and it wasn't very neat .

One part of it has the two 10mm mini bore pipes coming down the side of a door frame buried in the wall....lots of trouble with plaster cracking all the time ..and I'm just about to replace the frame.

I don't like trunking ..was the reason i put it in the wall...was 19 at the time and inexperienced..and under pressure from future wife and working long hours at my day job

no wife now :)

So now i have the chance to sort it out and make it look nice

First ..i don't like the idea of the pipes being anywhere near my new door casing ....casings are solid sapele with new solid sapele squirtings..plastic trunking and nice wood do not mix

and i have a concrete floor..pipes are from manifold on the landing and all walls are brick

so i got a choice

i was either bring the pipes down at the other end of the rad ..near corner of wall ..and have them going to the rad that way

bring them down in the middle of the rad ..

then have them mostly concealed behind the rad...

either way ..they mustn't be in plastic trunk work on the surface.

1. can you guys show me any pictures, how you have brought down the pipes in the middle of the rads.

2 is there any neato trunking idea that can be buried flush with the plaster ..with just an inspection cover showing flush with the plaster.

all the best.markj

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back