10mm piping to new 15mm radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've currently got 10mm piping and a new Radiator is 15mm. The new Radiator is also not quite as wide and though I understand there will need to be some pipework, what are my options for fitting the 10mm to 15mm?

Sponsored Links
You could use that to enter the rad valves but then would need to see the 10 mm tube.

If connecting from under the floor better to have a vertical bit of 15 mm and use the other kind of adapter which goes over the 15 mmm and 10 mm tubes under the floor.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Reducing sets while makes the job easy, they tend to leak as well. Not for the first time have I had to remove the cursed thing and replace it with a solder ring 15x10mm reducer

Reducing sets while makes the job easy, they tend to leak as well. Not for the first time have I had to remove the cursed thing and replace it with a solder ring 15x10mm reducer

Yes, a good squeeze of LSX on the reducer stops that. ;)

Got caught out when 10mm plastic barrier pipe first came out. Thought it was OK to use reducing sets on plastic with the usual insert. Soon learned me a lesson! :oops:

I think the post is written by a woman, her man is doing the plumbing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back