10mm Shower cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again folks, It's question time.

I thought i was being smart when i ran the cable for the shower from the new fuse box to the shower itself, routing it in such a manner so not to be in the way for the forthcomming loft conversion.... :oops: i was wrong.

I can disconnect from the shower itself and take it back (to roughly half way along the run) and re-route it on the other side of the offending beam....... or i could (and yes folks this is the question) cut the cable, route it and reterminate in situe with a junction box. But can i, im not sure if i'm allowed for one thing, and i'm not sure if its safe to terminate such a high load cable through a JB?

I await the answers, and i thank you in advance.

Andy Bell

Sponsored Links
ok jinj, seein as im scots i'll bite.... yes i can but if it was my house i wouldn't..... care to explain that..lol

thanks for the fast answer, hadn't even finished my cuppa :LOL:

Not that using a JB is a bodge - perfectly ok as long as it's accessible.....but you make a mistake so should kick yourself and correct it the way you wanted it in the first place :)
Your choice mind - although being Scottish you may be swayed by the £2 JB as opposed to new cable ;)

Where abouts in Scotland are you based anyway?

Sponsored Links
Up by Forres, originally Fort William, lol

I know i mucked it up :oops: theres no need to rub it in, its run from under the floor, up the (recently finished ) new wall in the living room, up our bedroom wall (thats the next job) and into the loft at the opposite corner to where its needed. it then runs around the loft edges to the shower.

Its was routed into the loft at the first accessible beam, unfortunately with hindsight six inches to the left would have been better.

If i do the JB, it will be accesible so that would def be the easier option, however i may have to re route the entire top of the cable as a pennance.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help mate

Andy Bell

Learning curves for sale.
Special discounts for bulk purchases

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back