10mm v 15mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plumber been today to run first fix pipework for new extension. All CH pipes have been ran as 10mm JG tee'd off 22mm. Is this the standard now as I expected 15mm to be used ?

Should I insist on 15mm ?

Sponsored Links
10mm is great 'pegleg', 15mm always looks so ugly going to radiators & one can never get the riser to the radiator looking straight............Dug pizzing in snow springs to mind!

Sponsored Links
For a quite trouble free system 15mm, but most new builds are chucked up and costs trimmed to the bone, so they will use whatevers quickest and cheapest, E>G> 10mm

I'll leave it then....I know people hated the 8mm stuff, wasn't sure if this was the same.

microbore is fine IF the system is looked after, properly designed and kept topped up with inhibitor etc. The problem with the old stuff was that systems got neglected, corroded and blocked the narrow waterways. You will undoubtedly have no problems with it. The person who owns your property in 15-20yrs however............

depends what system you have? is it all ready branched off in 10mm around your existing? seen it done where 15mm hep has been took to back boxes to behind the the central of the radiators then reduced down to 10mm hep to the radiators and never heard of any problems (yet). :D

depends what system you have? is it all ready branched off in 10mm around your existing? seen it done where 15mm hep has been took to back boxes to behind the the central of the radiators then reduced down to 10mm hep to the radiators and never heard of any problems (yet). :D

Currently all on 8mm via manifolds. To be honest I haven't had much chew with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back