110mm boss into soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will a 40-110mm boss fit snugly into an old cast iron soil stack junction (presumably 4")? If it's too small that shouldn't be a problem as I can seal it, but if it's too big I'd rather not find out after I've dismantled the existing waste system.

Alan

Sponsored Links
If you’re thinking of a strap boss, how do you expect to drill it?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Sorry if I was unclear. I thought that "into a stack junction" would make it clear enough that there is already a junction into the stack so no drilling required. I want to replace an old lead bath outlet with 40mm plastic. Currently it's sealed into a 4" junction to the stack (presumably with lead). Since 110mm is slightly bigger than 4" I wanted to be sure that a 40-110 boss was likely to fit before I disable the existing pipe.

Yes clear as mud o_O I think I know what you mean now though, probably best with Hugh’s advice, or an adapter of sorts.

Might save yourself a whole world of pain if you cut the lead off as close to the stack as you can, but leaving enough of a stub to get a compression waste coupling onto, then going from there in plastic. Depends how neat you want it to look, and if you've asbestos hands I think.

As Hugh says = a Mac Alpine compression fitting is the universal fitting one - lead/plastic 40mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back