110sqm tiling project around a swimming pool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd appreciate peoples advice on the following. When we moved to our current house we inherited a not quite finished outdoor swimming pool.

* There is a concrete terrace surrounding the pool which is quite smooth and comfortable to walk on bare foot of c. 110sqm.
* the concrete pool uses a pool liner and the edging tiles which hold this in place have already been laid giving 4.5cm between the concrete terrace and the top of these edging tiles.

Assuming we use tiles which are c. 8mm in depth, and that the tile adhesive is c. 5mm that gives me a total depth of 1.3cm, leaving a height difference of 3.2cm between the terrace tiles and the top edge of the edging tiles.

Ideally we would like the terrace to be at the same level as the edging tiles to prevent stubbed toes and hence tearful children....adults..

Everything I'm reading says screed needs to be 5cm in depth or more. As I can not remove / relay the edging tiles (this could cause other issues - technical & cost) do I have any options to have a screed of only 3.2cm?

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back