im looking to change the 110v lead on my mixer
now i know the 110v site leads are a bit thicker then your norm lead
but can i use a 240v lead in sted
i know 110v are yellow but the lead on the mixer are ment too be black
and it was changed too a yellow one
now i want too put a longer lead on it can you help

Sponsored Links
lead on the mixer are ment too be black

If it is to be used on site then for safety reasons it should NOT be black but be yellow or orange to make it more visible and therefor less likely to be involved in a trip accident. cut by someone with a shovel etc etc

It is thicker than a 240 volt lead because for the same power ( horse power ) in the mixer the cable has to carry more current and have a lower voltage drop along the cable. If you extend the cable you will need to use even thicker ( ie more copper ) cable.

110v extion leads say 25m long can i cut the the drum off and wire it in the mixer
will that be ok

Sponsored Links
have you got a link as too what i need

Hi plstering, I don't quite understand your first post because it isn't clear which lead is what colour, how thick they are, or which one is the old or new lead. So it's hard to say what you need.

Starting at the start, can you clarify:

Is the mixer 240 Volt or 110?
Does it have a label on it that mentions the current or power requirement?

110v mm22 refina mega mixer if that helps i want too replace the lead for a new one say 4m long

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back