118 trades ifindabusiness.com gone bust. Oh dear how sad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well theyve gone tits up, having gone into admisitration. Looks like ill never get my refund from them, and whilst i dont wish any ill on the inept staff that worked there, at least they wont rip anyone else off. If you advertise with them or are owed money look at this link for info.
At least the website will be kept running for 18 months to do the advertising that you paid for, still we never got a single enquirey from them, so good luck!

http://www.ifindabusiness.com/ajax.asp#pagetop

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry if anyone has lost money with that company.

Nevertheless, I just knew this day was going to be a good one.

118 Trades' class of advertising required little more skill than turd grading, and had far less value.

As soon as the creditors' meeting is announced I'll make a date to go and dance around outside it.

Sponsored Links
There is a plumbing company listed that I have personally repaired his cock-ups on three seperate occasions. One old lady even called him a thief and said he took money from her house, yet their he is with three glowing references. I hope he lost a packet. Ha Ha.

Turd Grading :LOL: try googling ......Bristol stool chart........ ;)

There is an option for someone to purchase the businesses advertising. What about it DIYnot????????

I signed up in February - at least my references were contacted and real comments posted. However, I have never seen a copy of the promised 'targetted' directory, or had a single job from the site.

My experience of all of these 'business directory' sites over the last five years is that they are generally a complete waste of money.

I have never had a single job from listings on iFinda, Applegate, TouchLocal, and a host of others that seem to have taken my details from other listings without my knowledge. However, local sites like AskMyNeighbour and OnMyDoorstep have generated about 5 jobs in the last six months - still not a good referral rate.

Now when I get sales calls from online directory organisations and I tell them I do not want to be listed because they are a waste of time, they express utter amazement and don't take no for an answer - I end up just putting the phone down.

I am trying a new form of advertising next month in a very localised hard copy business directory which has been recommended by several business people.

Mark H

don't bother i have tried nearly every advertising media there is and still have very little to show for it. i have little or no response from local or national advertising in books or multitrade leaflets even BT phonebook was a waste of money. yellow pages and yell.com produce some work but not enough to warrant their extortionate fees

Sponsored Links
Back