11kv Circuit Breaker

Sponsored Links
The switches are 11kv GEC BVP17 Circuit breakers.........sorry i should have been clearer with the busbars, there are only 3 per unit (one per phase) and run the length of the switchboard(not sure why there are only five in the pic) and the elongating of the connection is normal, HV in this case 11kv, has no Neutral conductor. (excluding secondary sides of local primary transformers)

Which then asks the question:

On the LV side of a private HV network transformer, where the neutral is tied to an earth farm and the LV board is fed by 3P + N + E, is this a TN-S or TN-C-S supply?

That would depend on the cable type between the Tx and the cutout supplying the LV dist board.

Sponsored Links
the n-e bond is in the switchroom just before the ACB in my installation

oh, and we call it PNB

At Scot Power the Neutral on the LV side of the 11000/433 tx is tied to Earth at the LV distribution board. On the pic you can see the link just above the small red caution notice, and the braids that connect the lead sheath of the incoming LV cables to the substation earth. and also the Transformer LV busbars connecting to the Air Circuit Breaker on the L/H sude of the pic
IMG_0105.jpg

i've seen a HV breaker after its kicked off in a simular fashion, that was in a mine and it was caused by the gear getting damp after some donut turned the heating off :rolleyes:

you can see why the boys who operate them often use a remote switching device :confused:

bit i like most is when u rack them back in and you get the hiss as the contacts get close to each other......

Im authourised to switch 11kv on Scot Power Networks, and Phasing out across 11kv circuits is always a good one for the "hiss" but its the hiss from racking up 33kv breakers that really makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck, but they dont let me switch that yet :rolleyes:

The switches are 11kv GEC BVP17 Circuit breakers.........sorry i should have been clearer with the busbars, there are only 3 per unit (one per phase) and run the length of the switchboard(not sure why there are only five in the pic) and the elongating of the connection is normal, HV in this case 11kv, has no Neutral conductor. (excluding secondary sides of local primary transformers)

I'm pretty sure BVP17 was oil gear, I think that may be GEC VMX C gear. From an HV customer last year?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back