125mm butt hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody suggest a supplier of 125mm door hinges ? I am having difficulty finding one. The largest size seems to be only 100mm these days.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I forgot to mention I want heavy duty(for very heavy door) stainless steel or chrome.

Fire door hinge (fire doors are very heavy)

I recommend lift-off hinges if available, because heavy doors are so difficult to take off and replace e.g. for decorating.

Otherwise see if you can get ball-bearing hinges which are a delight with heavy doors.

I could have sworn I'd seen them on IronmongeryDirect, but they have a small range of 125mm, none suitable. I have some of their PVD hinges which are excellent, I might see if they are marked with a brand later.

I checked, and Eclipse do offer them in 127mm, but not much variety. It might be special order.
e.g. http://www.frisco.co.uk/Eclipse_Hinges/steel_bb.html
I don't know how long Eclipse have been part of Frisco. The range looks smaller, I see fewer lift-off and rising butts than I expected.

I have also come across a company called Essex Hinges who do specials.

Otherwise, two pair of 100mm hinges should do, as used on 60min doors.

Fire hinges are normally rated for 80kg doors. How much is yours?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Good info. Really looks as though this size is not much used anymore. I want 125 to fill the space on my extra large front door in an old Victorian building.
Unfortunately the frisco hinge looks to be too wide. But I might buy anyway. Looks as though I need to keep on looking.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back