125mm soil pipe to WC connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are currently redecarating our bathroom and are looking to replace the existing toilet and associated waste fitting, we have found replacement pan connectors (110mm) but are struggling with the pan connector to soil pipe adapter which changes the 110mm waste from the toilet to circa 125mm (internal diameter) to match the soil pipe.

For the record the toilet is at ground floor level with the 125mm soil pipe cast into a concrete floor. Does anybody know where we can get a adapter sized as detailed above as we have searched the net and can find nothing suitable.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the waste (pan) connector should come with a "ribbed rubber end" (sounds interesting) this end is DIFFICULT to push into the soil pipe but with a bit of lube should go in?

i have in the past trimmed down the first 2 ribs (cut around 1/2 off) if its cast iron soil pipe.

Fingertight the pan connector is fine and does come with a ''ribbed end'', it is the adapter that we are looking to replace. This also has a ribbed end which fits into the soil pipe with a external diameter of 125mm, into the top of this goes the 110 mm pan connector, overall length is circa six inches. Any thoughts???

Thanks

What material is the soil pipe? 125mm OD sounds a bit on the large size for plastic, which is normaly 110mm.

Multikwik do a range of pan connectors for "oversize soil pipe" but they are only for up to 108mm ID pipe.

Sponsored Links
In 40 years i've never come across an 'oversize' soil pipe.

The Op is measuring the collar on a standard salt glazed pipe :LOL:

Get a Multikwik Multilink and mastic it into the soil pipe then fit a straight Multikwik into it and onto the pan outlet.

Thank you all for the feedback, the existing soil pipe is plastic with an internal diameter of circa 125mm.

Having cross reference the item that we have at present with Multikwik website it appears that we have a straight connector like the MKS3 but instead of reducing the diameter it increases it.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you all for the feedback, the existing soil pipe is plastic with an internal diameter of circa 125mm.
With a rubber seal running around the inside of it?

It sounds to me like you've found the joint end of a standard 110mm pipe. You'll need a short length of 110mm pipe before you push a standard pan adaptor in it.

There is a gasket inside the soil pipe but i am unable to install standard 110mm soil pipe into it as it bends away as soon as it enters the concrete floor and therefore i would be unable to make a seal.

Surely a soil pipe socket would be 110mm* ID as 4" soil pipe is 110mm OD?

(*Give or take a mil or two for the ring seal.)

How about posting a pic.

Perhaps you are looking at a pan connector socket. (Osma) rings a bell.

Charnwood that looks like the product thanks for the help, where would be the best place to buy one from, are they stocked at a normal builders merchant???

Not all manufacturers do a similar product. I'd ring all your local plumbers and builders merchants and ask if they do it or something like. You might have a long search on your hands.

Ring Hepworth for a local stockist: 0844 856 5152

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back