12v circuit switch for 240v fan

Sponsored Links
Perhaps as a final request I could bother you for recommendations as to a suitable ceiling/pull switch for this fan please?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Perhaps as a final request I could bother you for recommendations as to a suitable ceiling/pull switch for this fan please?
Do I take it that you want to have totally independent manual control of the fan (rather than having it triggered by the light circuit, which is more normal)? If so, then any standard ('lighting') pull switch would suffice. If you do that (don't want triggering from the light) just connect together the line/live and trigger ('switched live') terminals of the fan and connect them to the L which is switched by your pull switch (with neutral going to the neutral terminal of the fan, of course!).

Kind Regards, John

Thanks John,

As its for a bathroom, I only really want the fan on when there is excess moisture in the air from shower use. It would soon annoy/get expensive if the fan came on every time the light was switched on.

I'll pop out and get the job done without further delay.
Regards

Thanks John, As its for a bathroom, I only really want the fan on when there is excess moisture in the air from shower use. It would soon annoy/get expensive if the fan came on every time the light was switched on.
Fair enough. It might be annoying/unnecessary, but fans use so little power that there would not be much of a cost implication!

Some people who only want the fan to come on when shower is used employ flow sensors on the shower's pipework to trigger the fan - or (as you previously had) use a humidistat.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back