12V extractor fan - fitting to mains socket in loft

If the lights go out at 2 in the morning I would be asleep. If I had fitted an isolation switch, why would I suddenly presume that the fan was the cause of the lights going out? If I am not at home, whoever is here would not think that the fan was the cause of the problem (why would they? Why would I? It's much more likely to be a light related problem, as there are so many more lights than my single fan...) So yes, I would find a torch, I have plenty around the house in drawers in the kitchen, in the bedroom window, and so on, put on my headlamp, and after I had worked out that the fan wasn't working, I would go up and unplug it from the light in the bathroom. Not difficult at all. My loft is a walk in loft, just walk up the stairs and through a door and you're in the loft (I live in a bungalow with a dormer.) The upstairs bathroom has a fan fitted, with no isolation switch, when the dormer was built. I don't foresee any problems with that either.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back