140/150mm Bed Bolts with Half Moon/Lunar Washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Please please help...we've 'misplaced' the bolts that hold our spare bed together and I'm trying to find 8no 140 or 150mm long bed bolts with large flat heads suitable for an allen key complete with half moon or lunar washers.

I didn't think it would be so difficult to find this type of bolt, there are loads around, they're just not long enough! :eek:(

Rach

Sponsored Links
Hi there

Please please help...we've 'misplaced' the bolts that hold our spare bed together and I'm trying to find 8no 140 or 150mm long bed bolts with large flat heads suitable for an allen key complete with half moon or lunar washers.

I didn't think it would be so difficult to find this type of bolt, there are loads around, they're just not long enough! :eek:(

Rach
If it's an IKEA bed, they have spares.

We tend to use our own technical terms up here as most of our projects are classified and covered by the Official Secrets Act....however Rachw, you can buy metre lengths of 8mm studding at Wickes or Matty Charltons which could suffice, but if you really get stuck, try Thomas Potter behind Crosslings on the Coast Road who will sort you out for a small fee.
This information must be destroyed once read, in case it falls into the hands of Vladimir.
Cheers John

Sponsored Links
Nope, it's definately not an Ikea bed. It a large chunky double pine bed, hence the reason why I need 140mm long bolts :cry:

Half moon/lunar washers are half moon shaped washers that the bolt goes through joining the head/footboard to the base, they fit into the round hole that receives the bolt...hope I'm making some sort of sense.

I'll try your suggestions though, fingers crossed one of these suppliers can help me :LOL:

Nope, it's definately not an Ikea bed. It a large chunky double pine bed, hence the reason why I need 140mm long bolts :cry:

Half moon/lunar washers are half moon shaped washers that the bolt goes through joining the head/footboard to the base, they fit into the round hole that receives the bolt...hope I'm making some sort of sense.

I'll try your suggestions though, fingers crossed one of these suppliers can help me :LOL:
I think I know exactly what you mean. Ikea beds (MALM style) use this sort of fitting - long bolt, moon washer and a nut at the end of the bolt.

Maybe worth an explore!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local