15 minute cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the fear some people have of reducing the use of rat runs through residential areas.

Sponsored Links
In Bristol they're trying to discourage cars/people/customers with Ulezzer zones, sky high parking charges, cameras to snag you if you stray and expensive, unreliable bus 'service'. Centre of town and main shopping area is run down and dying as a result.
Same as Croydon, with the added benefit of gangs roaming freely with knives. Haven't been there for years.

The people in the residential areas want to travel elsewhere. We have lots of public transport round here, but it doesn't go where I want to go.
I think some people in Oxford were saying it's a slightly bitter pill to swallow if you live in one zone and have a friend/relative you visit regularly who lives only a few mins away if that ... but they're not in your zone. Yes you can apply for the access permit or whatever it's called, thus giving you the right to enter the other zone x times a year or whatever it is, however it's still a bit of an inconvenience.

Sponsored Links
I think some people in Oxford were saying it's a slightly bitter pill to swallow if you live in one zone and have a friend/relative you visit regularly who lives only a few mins away if that ... but they're not in your zone. Yes you can apply for the access permit or whatever it's called, thus giving you the right to enter the other zone x times a year or whatever it is, however it's still a bit of an inconvenience.

Bit of an inconvenience? Don't allow yourself to be conditioned so easily. It's phookin outrageous bro.

I quite liked the plan they had for Staines (or a mile outside of) a few years back, 'Motopia', wasn't far off the planning stage either.

1676069242775.png

The people in the residential areas want to travel elsewhere. We have lots of public transport round here, but it doesn't go where I want to go.
And you'd still be able to go there, just not through a residential area. You'd have to go via a (comparatively) main road.

And you'd still be able to go there, just not through a residential area. You'd have to go via a (comparatively) main road.

Yep, circumnavigate via the ring road or motorway to enter the city via a different entry point to avoid a penalty, but use more fuel and create more pollution in the process, which the idea is supposedly meant to alleviate.

More to the point, how long before the ring roads become restricted areas, and you're locked in your own 'zone'.

Same as Croydon, with the added benefit of gangs roaming freely with knives. Haven't been there for years.
Had the misfortune to use the Whitgift a few years back. Also stayed in central Croydon Travelodge and parking in Fairfield Halls car park was a complete pain in the rse.

Won't be doing either of those things ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back