1590mm bore Discs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody know where I can purchase 1590 mm bore discs for my Wolf Grinderette Type AG4

Have searched with no luck, thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Get a diamond one, with a normal disc you wont have much depth of cut after very little use, plenty available if you search for 16mm

I'm really surprised it is still working. The last ones (all red and bearing the Kango name) are now at least 37 years old (last made in 1984). Wolf ones are even older

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Ah, but is it a Wolf-made one, or a rebadged Makita? Wolf apparently had a lot of problems getting the Grinderette motor into production and for a while bought-in a Makita grinder and rebadged it (they were already selling Makita belt sanders and power planers badged Wolf). The Grinderettes are painted stone with teal details. This is the real Wolf Grinderette:

Wolf Grinderette.jpg

whilst this is the Grinderette AG4 (Makita made infill model) which is similar but not the same:

Wolf AG4.jpg

Or is yours the die grinder? I have a few Wolf industrial drills (not the DIY "Cub" models) and circular saws as well as one of their jigsaws. They are all remarkably well made

Edit: Just realised that you may have been referring to one of these, which are based on the 7in angle grinder motor, I believe:

Wolf Straight Grinder 2.jpg

They still come up on eBay from time to time. A version called a Ralli-Wolf is still being made in India today:

Ralli_Wolf Straight Grinder.jpg

Something I found out when trying to source some spare parts a few years back. I'm told that Ralli-Wolf was originally set-up by Wolf Tools

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Just realised that you may have been referring to one of these, which are based on the 7in angle grinder motor, I believe:

wolf-straight-grinder-2-jpg.256779

Thats the one

Ah, but is it a Wolf-made one, or a rebadged Makita? Wolf apparently had a lot of problems getting the Grinderette motor into production and for a while bought-in a Makita grinder and rebadged it (they were already selling Makita belt sanders and power planers badged Wolf). The Grinderettes are painted stone with teal details. This is the real Wolf Grinderette:

View attachment 256776

whilst this is the Grinderette AG4 (Makita made infill model) which is similar but not the same:

View attachment 256777

Or is yours the die grinder? I have a few Wolf industrial drills (not the DIY "Cub" models) and circular saws as well as one of their jigsaws. They are all remarkably well made

View attachment 256779

They still come up on eBay from time to time. A version called a Ralli-Wolf is still being made in India today:

View attachment 256780

Something I found out when trying to source some spare parts a few years back. I'm told that Ralli-Wolf was originally set-up by Wolf Tools

Mine is the second picture down Model AG 4 Serial No G45363E 380 watt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back