Saw cutter says 20mm bore. All discs 22mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am getting a wet saw cutter to cut some porcelain slabs for my patio,

The item description says 110mm disc with 20mm bore

All the blades I'm finding are 22mm bore, is this suitable for the item. Or am I meant to get a 20mm disc bore from somewhere?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ok,
they do have some 20mm bore - if you look down to frequently bought together

you may be able to get a reducing ring, not sure how well that would work on that machine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Loops-Diamond-Cutting-Wheel-Marble-Porcelain/dp/B07XVQ5X71/ref=sr_1_5?crid=20KIH6Y4BC436&keywords=wet+stone+cutter&qid=1652531470&s=diy&sprefix=wet+stone+cutter,diy,56&sr=1-5

you may find some of the cheap blades will chip out the tile
Best i found was using the table saw for tiles - worked much better then my angle grinder
But i guess it depends on what you are cutting and where they are to be fitted

An Amazon review says the following

"I also bought a reducing bush so I could use 115mm 22mm bore blades : "Spectrum JRB22-20 22.2mm - 20mm Reducing Bush" ebay item 391909146708"

For what it is worth, I like Spectrum diamond blades. I wouldn't want to use a Silverline one.

If you are willing to pay more... Festool sell a (plunge) dry diamond angle grinder that runs on their saw tracks and connects to a dust extractor.

I am considering buying one. I have a customer that has tiles sitting at 45 degrees on a path that runs between two water filled rills. I want to ensure that I can cut them back in a "perfectly" straight line, and additionally cut them at about 13 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back