Diamond blade for circular saw

Sponsored Links
Wrong tool for the job, I'd say, too slow and not enough torque. You'd be better off with a 9in/230mm angle grinder or a Stihl saw (or equivalent) on paving blocks.

It is possible to get 184mm PCD blades but they are toothed blades designed for cutting thin (up to 18mm) fibrous cement board NOT concrete slab. BTW 190mm is much more common than 184mm for this type of blade in the UK

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thank you, that is helpful. I thought as much given the lack of blades of a suitable size, just thought I might be able to get away with using what I had and just buying a new bladed for it. I will try and borrow an angle grinder instead.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I've got a 184mm circular saw (this model: http://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-d23620-gb-1150w-184mm-circular-saw-240v/58155)

I need to buy a diamond blade for cutting paving slabs, but I don't seem to be able to find one that fits. Are there any 184mm diamond discs out there, or is this just the wrong tool for the job?

Thanks

You would likely get a kick back causing serious personal harm doing this kind of thing.
Blade spins the wrong direction.

A guy over on gd used a timber circular saw blade in an angle grinder and it killed him.
Your doing the reverse of what he did but no less dangerous imo.

Read the MI's and understand the limitations of your machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back